Neon Yang (publishing as JY Neon Yang) is a Singaporean writer of English-language speculative fiction. Yang is nonbinary and queer, and uses they/them pronouns. They came out as nonbinary at the start of 2017.
Yang has written a series of steampunk novellas, and has published short fiction since 2012. Their novella The Black Tides of Heaven was nominated for the 2017 Nebula Award for Best Novella, the 2018 Kitschies Golden Tentacle and the 2018 Hugo Award for Best Novella.
Yang's work revolves around "the human body as a vessel for storytelling", and is based on their background as a molecular biologist, journalist and science communicator.
- The Ayam Curtain, Math Paper Press 2012, edited with Joyce Chng
- The Black Tides of Heaven, 2017
- The Red Threads of Fortune, 2017
- The Descent of Monsters, 2018
- The Ascent to Godhood, 2019
- @itsneonyang (23 February 2020). "Hello friends! I have a big announcement: I'm changing my name! Nice to meet you, my name is Neon [...] I'm keeping my old name for stuff I've already published, but from here on out I'll be publishing as JY Neon Yang. But please call me Neon!" – via Twitter.
- "ABOUT THE WRITER". GENTLE PLASMIDS. JY Yang. 12 January 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- JY Yang (7 January 2018). "FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: 2017 in review, & awards eligibility!". Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- "J.Y. Yang's two novellas are like rojak, a surprisingly delicious blend of unexpected flavours". The Straits Times. 26 September 2017. Retrieved 20 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Announcing the 2017 Nebula Awards Nominees". Tor.com. 20 February 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Announcing The Kitschies' 2017 Shortlists". Tor.com. 19 March 2018. Retrieved 19 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2018/1943 Hugo Award Finalists Announced". theHugoAwards.org. 31 March 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Innumerable Voices: The Short Fiction of JY Yang". Tor.com. 29 July 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Neon Yang, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|