|Place of birth||Hong Kong|
|Gender identity||genderfluid/"third sex"/"masculine of center"|
|Occupation||fashion designer, activist|
|Known for||NiK Kacy shoe brand|
Nik Kacy is a fashion designer, the founder of Equality Fashion Week, a board member of the Los Angeles LGBT Chamber of Commerce, and part of the Trans Inclusion Task Force for the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce. They are the creator of the NiK Kacy "gender-equal" luxury shoe brand.
Kacy previously identified as a lesbian, then a trans man, before coming to terms with being nonbinary.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"I embrace my own inner gender-equality and also complete gender-neutrality. Gender has become less and less significant to me as I have come into my body and mind. I no longer long to be referred to as “sir” nor do I feel disdain when referred to as “miss.” I realize now that I identify as all-of-the-above and yet, none-of-the-above. I have transcended above labels and I have embraced all that is within me. This is what transgender feels like to me… transcending gender."
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Nik Kacy's Intersectionality Transforms the Fashion World". CULTURS. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Coblentz, Natalie Yvette (23 February 2015). "NiK Kacy: The First Gender-Equal Luxury Footwear Line". dapperQ. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- ↑ Hornik, Susan (16 October 2019). "Unity: Equality Fashion Week celebrates inclusive brands and LGBTQ designers". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- ↑ Lowe, Jasmine D. (31 March 2020). "Nik Kacy Brings a Fresh Approach to Shoe Wear". The Queer 26. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Kacy, Nik (30 November 2016). "A Different Shade of Gay: Designer NiK Kacy Talks Gender Fluidity for Community Voices". dapperQ. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Nik Kacy, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|