Nonbinary characters in fiction
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Character's name||Pronouns||Name of media||Format||Notes|
|Baron, Yael||Unknown||Degrassi: Next Class; Netflix||TV show; live action||Played by Jamie Bloch.|
|Doctor, The||Unknown; assumed "he" when male, "she" when female, and "they" when talking about the Doctor in many incarnations.||Doctor Who; BBC||TV show; live action||In July 2017 the BBC revealed that the next incarnation of the Doctor would be a woman for the first time, making the Doctor canonically genderfluid. The thirteenth Doctor will be played by Jodie Whittaker.|
|Mason, Taylor||they/them/their/theirs/themself||Billions; Showtime||TV show; live action||Mason is widely considered to be the first nonbinary character in a TV show by US news sources. Mason is played by Asia Kate Dillon, who is also nonbinary.|
|Milo||they/them/their/theirs/themself||Danger & Eggs; Amazon Video||TV show; animated||Milo is a minor nonbinary character voiced by agender activist and model Tyler Ford in Danger & Eggs. |
|Fierro, Alex||she/her by default, he/him when male||Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard; Rick Riordan||Book series; Young Adult fantasy||Alex Fierro is genderfluid and first appears in the second book: Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor.|
- Netflix’s Degrassi: Next Class character comes out as non-binary in landmark move, Pink News, July 2017.
- "Jodie Whittaker: Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord to be a woman", BBC News, 16 July 2017.
- Billions shows TV's first gender non-binary character, Sky News, February 2017.
- “Danger & Eggs” Is The Greatest Weirdest Queer-and-Trans Inclusive Kids Show Ever, Autostraddle, July 2017.
-  Rick Riordan, official website.