This page is for online petitions that support visibility and legal recognition of nonbinary genders, organised by country. Within country sections, ordered with those closing soonest at the top.
- Linked title of petition, date opened 2014-01-01, date closed (or due to close) 2014-01-01
- Make Airline Booking Forms Inclusive of all Genders, date opened June 2020, date due to close ???
- Make nonbinary a legally recognised gender identity in the UK date closing 26 October 2021
- Petitioning NHS Blood and Transplant Service: Change your computer system so that it doesn’t misgender people who are transgender, date started 2014-11-12, date closing unknown
- Reform the Gender Identity Clinics, date closing 2015-03-30
- Legal protection for all trans* and intersex in the UK, date started 2012-10-19, open indefinitely
- In support of ‘X’ passports in the United Kingdom, date started 2012-10-19, open indefinitely
- David Laws MP: Include recognition of non-binary gender on passports in the Lib Dem Manifesto, date started 2014-08-18 (?), open indefinitely Note that this has now been made LibDem policy.
- Make it a legal requirement to not have to fill in gender options on forms, date started 2014-09-15, open indefinitely(?)
- Modify the Gender Recognition Act to be more diverse, date started 2014-10-19, open indefinitely(?)
- UCAS: Change your application form to ask about gender rather than legal sex and offer more than 2 options, closed with 3,089 signatures & an agreement from UCAS to make changes
- Rape law to be made gender neutral, closed 2014-07-08 with 156 signatures
- Help get gender-inclusive title Mx added to online forms, closed 2014-06-12 with 136 signatures
- Gender Neutral Gender Markers For ID, closed 2014-09-02 with 79 signatures
- Allow people to identify outside of 'male' and 'female' on legal documentation date closing 2019-08-12
United States of AmericaEdit
- Legally Recognize Non-Binary Genders, date started 2014-03-21, date ended 2014-04-20 - successfully reached threshold of 100,000 signatures