Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Date of birth||27 September 1976|
R.B. Lemberg (born 27 September 1976) is a Ukranian bigender writer living in the USA. Lemberg uses singular they pronouns, and is married to Bogi Takács, who is agender. Lemberg also describes themself as queer.
Published books[edit | edit source]
- Here, We Cross (An Anthology of Queer and Genderfluid Poetry from Stone Telling 1-7), Stone Bird Press, 2012.
- The Moment of Change (An Anthology of Speculative Feminist Poetry), Aqueduct Press, 2012.
- An Alphabet of Embers (An Anthology of Unclassifiables), Stone Bird Press, 2016.
- Marginalia to Stone Bird (single-author poetry collection), Aqueduct Press, 2016.
- The Four Profound Weaves (Birdverse novella), Tachyon Press, 2020.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"I am bigender and I align both with masculinity and femininity. Much of my feels abt masculinity comes from my father. I learned about self-defense, how to survive on nothing, how not to betray friends even under intense pressure. I use his lessons daily."
"For me personally, English has been liberating. In my other languages, gender distinctions are much more massively embedded. [...] English afforded me opportunities to avoid binary gender marking, or to play with it in various ways."
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ @RB_Lemberg (25 July 2018). "@bogiperson is my spouseperson and Mati the Child is our childperson. We are all #ActuallyAutistic :) I forgot to mention that I am bigender and use the pronoun "they." Good to see you here - come say hello if you feel like it! <3" – via Twitter.
- ↑ R.B. Lemberg » About
- ↑ @RB_Lemberg (27 September 2018). "I am bigender and I align both with masculinity and femininity. Much of my feels abt masculinity comes from my father. I learned about self-defense, how to survive on nothing, how not to betray friends even under intense pressure. I use his lessons daily" – via Twitter.
- ↑ "Post-Binary Gender in SF Roundtable: Languages of Gender". Tor.com. 20 May 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2020.