Sand C. Chang PhD is a Chinese-American clinical psychologist and educator. Dr. Chang uses singular they pronouns and is nonbinary, genderqueer, genderfluid, demiboy, and/or "a number of other terms... it kind of varies for me." They also identify as femme.
Dr. Chang at the 2017 National Transgender Health Summit
|Gender identity||nonbinary, genderqueer, genderfluid, demiboy, and others|
|Occupation||psychologist and educator|
Their psychology work specializes in disordered eating, sexuality and relationships. They are one of the writers featured in Nonbinary: Memoirs of Gender and Identity, as well as one of the authors of A Clinician's Guide to Gender-Affirming Care: Working with Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Clients.
"I believe that people who are affirmed in their gender identities, including being able to access gender-affirming medical care to achieve that goal, allows people to live happier and more fulfilling lives. I work with people of all genders, including those who have nonbinary identities and people of color who don’t necessarily relate to Western or mainstream notions of what it means to be a person of a certain gender."
- "Sand Chang". Trans Bodies, Trans Selves. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- Kramer, Kaiya (11 December 2015). "Ep 69 Dr. Sand Chang Licensed Psychologist Interview". The Queer Life Radio. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- Harrison, Christy (2 April 2018). "Food Psych #150: Disordered Eating & Gender Identity with Sand Chang". Retrieved 28 April 2020.
- Chastain, Ragen (7 September 2019). "For Healthy Kids, Skip the Kurbo App". US News & World Report. Retrieved 23 November 2020.
- Non-Binary: Memoirs of Gender and Identity (Review) [Times Literary Supplement, 28 June 2019]
- "Trans-Affirming Therapy". SAND CHANG, PHD. Retrieved 6 April 2020.