|Place of birth||Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Occupation||dancer, musician, teacher|
Alex Sturbaum is a multi-instrumentalist musician, dancer, and teacher, currently living in Olympia, Washington. They are part of the musical groups Gallimaufry and Countercurrent. They are out as nonbinary and bisexual.
Alex grew up in a musical household, their father being a musician and singer. Alex fell in love with Celtic folk music at age twelve, which led to their current vocation.
Alex attended Oberlin College, where they double-majored in biology and geology.
Discography[edit | edit source]
- Gallimaufry (EP, 2013)
- Places Left To Go (2014)
- Countercurrent (EP, 2015)
- River Run Wide (solo album, 2017)
- The Waxwings (EP, 2018)
- The Vashon Sessions (2018)
- Exchange (2018)
- The Vashon Sessions, Vol. II (2019)
- Loomings (solo album, 2020)
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Howes, Cindy (September 24, 2020). "Basic Folk 87 - Alex Sturbaum". Basic Folk (podcast). Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "ABOUT". ALEX STURBAUM. Retrieved November 17, 2020.
- Twitter bio, retrieved November 17, 2020
- Easton, Steacy. "Looming With Alex Sturbaum". Country Queer. Retrieved November 17, 2020.
- @AlexSturbaum (September 23, 2020). "Happy #BiVisibilityDay y'all. Still bisexual, still visible, still making noise" – via Twitter.
- "Alumni student, Alex Sturbaum, is pursuing 2 exciting careers". The New School Montessori Cincinnati. February 20, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2021.