|This article is a stub. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by expanding it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!
Shamir performing at Oxford Art Factory in 2016
|Date of birth||November 7, 1994|
|Pronouns||he/him or she/her|
|Occupation||singer, songwriter, actor|
Shamir Bailey (born November 7, 1994), known mononymously as Shamir, is an American singer, songwriter and actor from Las Vegas, Nevada.
In 2015 Shamir told an interviewer, "I don't identify as male or female" and tweeted "Also to those who keep asking, I have no gender, no sexuality, and no fucks to give" (although later identified his orientation as pansexual).
References[edit | edit source]
- Kretowicz, Steph (13 May 2015). "Shamir interview: "I was that kid who would play with action figures, then my Easy-Bake Oven."". DummyMag. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Lamphier, Jason (7 May 2015). "Hot List: Shamir". out.com. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- @ShamirBailey (March 23, 2015). "Also to those who keep asking, I have no gender, no sexuality, and no fucks to give 🙌😘✌" – via Twitter.
- @ShamirBailey (February 23, 2019). "I'm a pansexual dating a bisexual and honestly I highly recommend and I'm SO mad at my internalized biphobia from keeping me from doing this sooner" – via Twitter.
- @ShamirBailey (April 4, 2015). "So call me what ever you want! I Dont care or get offended if you call me "her" or "she" because I proudly embrace my fem side 😊" – via Twitter.
- @ShamirBailey (April 4, 2015). "@tosh_nathan no I'm one person Lol I really never got that term aha" – via Twitter.