Jump to navigation Jump to search
- “Ashiok” from the popular card game Magic: The Gathering is explicitly referred to as being nongendered. Though some depictions of the character include “he” as a pronoun, a lead designer from the company that makes the game has insisted on numerous occasions that the character is explicitly nongendered. Even going so far as to write stories which avoid referring to Ashiok using gendered pronouns at all. Ashiok's card can be found here.
- Roswell, in the podcast The Adventure Zone, is an Earth Elemental made of living clay in a suit of armor, who talks via a small bird. Roswell is agender and uses they/them pronouns.
- Chaos Life by A. Stiffler and K. Copeland - A light-hearted, semi-autobiographical webcomic about the everyday idiosyncrasies of an agender person, their female partner, and their cats.
- 6ses by Kagome is a comic that features an agender protagonist.
- *Eri the Cyborg by Ren is a comic that features an agender protagonist.
- Biaggio, in the movie "The Kings of Summer," asserts that he doesn't see himself as "having a gender."
- In the video game NiGHTS into Dreams the character "NiGHTS is neutral, and therefore has no gender. The impressions of the character with regards to gender are totally up to the player" according to Takashi Iizuka, the lead designer of the game.
- Bone Dance by Emma Bull. Character: the protagonist, Sparrow, is canonically described as "sexless" and "genderless." The exact details of their identity are a matter of debate (spoilers).
- The entire race of Chronicoms from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are vehemently agender, though they are a race of extraterrestrial androids. They use gendered pronouns based on their current form.
- A Voice for Vorthos – Posts tagged with “Ashiok”, Retrieved 29th September 2014, Doug Beyer’s Blog – A Voice for Vorthos.
- A Voice for Vorthos – Ok so when are we going to learn more about the specifics about Ashiok? Ashiok is not in the first novel at all and nothing is depicted in the cards.', 7th May 2014, Doug Beyer’s Blog – A Voice for Vorthos.
- The Adventure Zone Wiki: Roswell
- Mike Taylor, "Interview: Takashi Iizuka Talks NiGHTS" December 5, 2007. Nintendo Life http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2007/12/interview_takashi_iizuka_talks_nights