|Related identities||Genderfaun, genderflor and faeflux|
|Under the umbrella term||Genderfluid|
Genderfae also called genderdoe, is a term for a type of gender identity which is fluid between multiple genders, but never male or masculine genders. Genderfae was coined by an anonymous submission to the MOGAI-Archive blog in 2014.
It's been said that the term "genderfae" is disrespectful to cultures/religions which revere fae/faeries. An alternative term "genderdoe" was proposed for those who wish to avoid disrespecting these cultures. Another alternative term is "genderthil".
Demographics[edit | edit source]
Related identities[edit | edit source]
- Demifae: "a gender which is partially static and partially fluid (demifluid). The fluid part of the gender is only fluid between identities which are not male, male-aligned, or masculine. The static part of the gender can be any gender of combination of genders."
- Genderfaer: Fluid between multiple genders, which can include masculine genders but not ever binary male.
- Genderfaun or Gendermars: Fluid between multiple genders, but never female nor feminine genders.
- Genderfaunet: Fluid between multiple genders, which can include feminine genders but not ever binary female.
- Genderflor or Gendervae: Fluid between multiple genders but never male nor female. Genderflor was coined by an anonymous submission to tumblr blog beyond-mogai-pride-flags in March 2018, whereas Gendervae was coined in January 2021 by Instagram user runawingism.
- Genderselkie: Fluid between multiple genders and often xenic genders.
References[edit | edit source]
- Kersey, Elizabeth; Voigt, Matthew (2020). "Finding community and overcoming barriers: experiences of queer and transgender postsecondary students in mathematics and other STEM fields". Mathematics Education Research Journal. doi:10.1007/s13394-020-00356-5. ISSN 1033-2170.
Genderfae is a type of genderfluidity that is never male or masculine.
- "Genderfae". LGBTA Wiki. Retrieved 23 January 2021.
- "genderfae". Archived from the original on 18 August 2014.
- en.bees (25 July 2020). "genderfae, and why we need to change the term".
- "Gender Census 2019 - the worldwide TL;DR". Gender Census. 31 March 2019. Archived from the original on 18 January 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- GC2020 Public Copy, 1 November 2020
- "gendermars". MOGAI Lexicon. Archived from the original on 2 August 2016.
- "exspiravitgender asked: Hello? I'm looking for a gender that I used to know but can't remember..." xeno-aligned. 2 February 2020.
- "Anonymous asked: Genderflor- a fluid gender that never encompasses male or female genders". 25 March 2018.
- runa (19 January 2021). "Coining a new term!".