|This page is about a gender identity that is not widely used among gender-variant people. This does not mean that the identity is not valid, but that very few people are known to use this term.
More information on uncommon identities...
|This article lacks significant content. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by completing it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!
|Related identities||Genderflux and Genderfae|
Faeflux, doeflux, or thilflux is an identity under the fluidflux umbrella. It is described as being a combination of the labels genderfae and genderflux, though the genderflux part of the identity can be, specifically, girlflux. A faeflux person experiences fluidity between different genders, excluding male or masculine genders, while, additionally, having the intensity of said genders change over time.
The term seems to have first been coined by Tumblr user danirak-spyderowl under the name faeflux, who posted about it in March of 2020, but had created the term "a couple years" before the post. However, "faeflux" has also been independently coined by Tumblr user vaympire in February of 2021 and by Reddit user Sunset--Lover in March of 2021
As "genderdoe" was proposed as a substitute for the term "genderfae," doeflux started being used as an alternative for faeflux.
Flags[edit | edit source]
Multiple flags have been proposed for the faeflux/doeflux/thilflux identity. See Category: Faeflux and Doeflux pride flags for more.
Created by 20isthecharacterlimi on Reddit. The color scheme is a "scrambled up" nonbinary flag, with an added pink stripe.
Created by just_rainbows_here on Instagram. The dark pink and light pink stripes represent femininity. The white stripe represents having multiple genders. The purple stripe represents having a combination of genders. The light yellow and dark yellow represent genders that are separate from the binary.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Is faeflux a valid thing?". r/GenderFluxx on Reddit. 4 June 2020. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023.
- @strwbryfemme (16 May 2021). "doeflux flag?? doeflux (aka faeflux but i prefer doe) is the combination of genderdoe and girlflux. it's where you experience fluctuating intensity of genders that are fluid, but never encompass masculine/manaligned genders" – via Twitter.
- [False "I figured I'd lose followers by living my Elfin truth, but turns out I was afraid for nothing!"] Check
|archive-url=value (help). 3 March 2020. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023.
- [False "doeflux/femflux"] Check
|archive-url=value (help). 13 February 2021. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 19 June 2021.
- "Fun fact". 10 March 2021. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 19 June 2021.
- GC2020 Public Copy, 1 November 2020 Archived on 17 July 2023
- "[GC2021] Identity". Google Docs. Archived from the original on 19 July 2023. Retrieved 18 June 2021.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)