|Date of birth||July 30, 1988|
|Place of birth||Wilmette, Illinois, USA|
|Occupation||model, writer, actor|
Nico Tortorella (born July 30, 1988) is an American model, writer, and actor, known for roles in Scream 4, the Fox crime drama series The Following, and the TV Land comedy-drama series Younger. Tortorella is nonbinary and uses singular they pronouns since mid-2018.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"You don't have to be one thing for the rest of your life. … Play with your sexuality, play with gender identity, play with your expression. That's what we're all doing, we’re transitioning every single day. Your transition doesn’t have to look like anyone else's! [...] I use the word bisexual, I use the word pansexual, non-binary, gender non-conforming. The words are so much more simple than what we are. I think in the fields of social justice, we have the tendency of getting hung up on the language or the movement, rather than the cause-and-effect and who we’re really talking about. I’m more interested in who you actually are than what you are. I’m looking forward to a time where we can all just be an individual and we don’t necessarily have to be anything but that."
"For me, 'they/them' fully encompasses all of it that exists in my own multi-dimensional dynamic being. Right? It just feels more inclusive. It feels wider."
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Tortorella, Nico (May 5, 2018). "GLAAD celebrated the Rising Stars Luncheon at the 29th Annual @GLAAD Media Awards in New York yesterday and I had the incredible honor of hosting". Archived from the original on 17 July 2023.
Its no secret that my sexuality has been ever evolving, and quite recently my own gender identity and expression has been taking new flight. I have started playing with using they/them pro-nouns for myself and for any one I can when it’s appropriate.
- Instagram bio Archived on 17 July 2023
- Ahlgrim, Callie (14 January 2020). "13 celebrities who don't identify as either male or female". Insider. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- "'Younger' star Nico Tortorella discusses nontraditional marriage, sobriety and advocacy for LGBTQ+ community". ABC News. 24 October 2019. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- "Nico Tortorella Opens Up About Sexuality & Gender Identity". Just Jared. 13 July 2019. Retrieved 1 April 2020.