DijahSB is a rapper based in Toronto, Ontario. They released their debut album 2020 the Album in 2020, followed by their second album Head Above the Waters in 2021.
Career[edit | edit source]
Beginning rapping professionally in 2011, they previously released music under the name Kzaraw and was part of a rap group Class of 93, along with their producer Jermaine "Astro Mega" Clarke. They later rebranded as DijahSB, with the name inspired by the Nike SB line of shoes.
In 2016, they released the EP Manic Luxury independently. They released their debut album in the summer of 2020. After releasing their first album, DijahSB signed a distribution deal with AWAL, quit their retail job at the Apple Store, and became a full-time musician. Their second album was released in April 2021, entitled Head Above the Waters. In 2021, they were named one of 20 musicians in Now Magazine's "The sound of Toronto in 2021". They have also collaborated with other artists including Janette King and Brazilian rapper niLL.
Head Above the Waters was shortlisted for the 2021 Polaris Music Prize.
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Safra Ducreay (February 5, 2018). "DijahSB Is One Verse Away From Victory". Vice Media.
- Trapunski, Richard; Adams, Kelsey; Ritchie, Kevin (May 4, 2021). "The sound of Toronto music in 2021: 20 artists you need to hear now". NOW Magazine.
- Jesse Locke (October 6, 2020). "'I want what I'm saying to hold weight,' says rapper DijahSB; they also want you to dance". Xtra Magazine.
- Leandre Nawej (July 28, 2016). "Dijah SB Manic Luxury". Exclaim!.
- Patricia Karounos (March 23, 2021). "Noise Makers: The Canadian Musicians Who Are Turning Heads". Elle Canada.
- "Not 'Frontin' Like Pharrell': Dijah SB is the real deal". CBC Music. January 6, 2021.
- Sumiko Wilson (April 23, 2021). "The Tao of DijahSB". Complex Networks.
- Wren Graves (February 19, 2021). "DijahSB announces new album Head Above the Waters, shares "By Myself": Stream". Consequence of Sound.
- Calum Slingerland (April 21, 2021). "Janette King and DijahSB Find Focus on "Cool Me Down"". Exclaim!.
- Calum Slingerland (February 19, 2021). "DijahSB Details 'Head Above the Waters,' Shares Two New Songs". Exclaim!.
- David Friend, "Dominique Fils-Aimé, Mustafa, and Leanne Betasamosake Simpson are among the 10 artists shortlisted for this year's Polaris Music Prize". Toronto Star, July 15, 2021.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article DijahSB, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|