Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by expanding it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!
Elijah Manley is an American activist and politician. They came out as nonbinary in a Twitter post on January 14, 2020.
At age 16, Manley filed to run in the 2016 presidential race as an independent, despite the US Constitution limiting the presidency to people 35 years and older. In 2018, he ran for Broward County School Board Seat 8 and lost with 43,009 votes (18.6%). In 2020, Manley ran as a Democrat for the Florida House of Representatives (District 94), but ended up losing in the Democratic primary on August 18, although they got 8,825 votes (30.1%).
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Twitter bio, retrieved November 11, 2020
- ↑ Lipscomb, Jessica (February 4, 2020). "Nonbinary Broward Candidate Confronts Florida Rep Sponsoring Anti-Trans Bill". Miami New Times. Retrieved November 11, 2020.
- ↑ @iElijahManley (January 14, 2020). "I have some truth I want to share today. My pronouns are He/They. It's been a real tough journey to this point, but I'm glad to accept myself and live my life as me. The binary doesn't define me" – via Twitter.
- ↑ Swanson, Jess (September 1, 2015). "Elijah Manley: 16-Year-Old From Fort Lauderdale Is Running for President of the United States". New Times Broward-Palm Beach. Retrieved November 11, 2020.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://ballotpedia.org/Elijah_Manley