|This article lacks significant content. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by completing it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!
Benestad in 2011
|Date of birth||3 May 1949|
|Occupation||physician and sexologist|
Esben Esther Pirelli Benestad is a Norwegian physician and sexologist. Benestad has said that "for me there is no point being neither a man nor a woman. I am a trans person; that is my gender so to speak." as well as "I am not a man, not a woman, but a very happy transperson!"
Benestad is married to sexologist Elsa Almås and is the parent of film director Even Benestad.
In 2007, Benestad took part in the reality TV series Skal vi danse (Norwegian Dancing with the Stars) and was voted out after four episodes. Benestad told the talk show God kveld, Norge! that Benestad was sometimes bullied by the judges for their trans identity.
Benestad has been a minor political candidate for the Liberal Party of Norway.
Published books[edit | edit source]
- Sexologi i praksis, with Elsa Almås (1997, revised 2006)
- Kjønn i bevegelse, with Elsa Almås (2001)
- Transseksualisme - hvor går vi og hvor står vi? (2002)
- Transekjønn og diagnoser (2004)
- Penisatlas (2005)
References[edit | edit source]
- "Interviews > Esben Esther Pirelli Benestad". We Who Feel Differently. 5 November 2009. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 7 March 2021.
- Kowalska, Monika (20 December 2013). "Interview with Esben Esther Pirelli Benestad". The Heroines of My Life. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 7 March 2021.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Esben Esther Pirelli Benestad, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|