Jack Monroe (born 17 March 1988) is an English author and food blogger who came out as nonbinary in 2015, a couple months after pursuing legal action against The Daily Mail for printing Jack's deadname. (They had legally changed names in 2011, while identifying as lesbian.)
Jack has said that coming out as nonbinary caused the loss of a £30k book deal and 'invited a whole world of abuse from across the political and feminist spectrum'.
References[edit | edit source]
- Monroe, Jack (20 October 2015). "Being non-binary: I'm not A Girl Called Jack any more, but I'm not a boy either". newstatesman.com. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Urwin, Rosamund (9 November 2015). "Jack Monroe: 'I will always be on the girls' team'". Evening Standard. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Duffy, Nick (26 August 2015). "Jack Monroe 'taking legal action' against Daily Mail for claim Jack isn't her 'real' name". PinkNews. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Cadwalladr, Carole (24 July 2016). "Jack Monroe: 'I want to be treated as a person, not as a woman or a man'". the Guardian. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Monroe, Jack (19 May 2016). "I'm a little bit female and a little bit male. Finally, I fit in my skin | Jack Monroe". the Guardian. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Finley, Sarah (6 January 2019). "Food writer Jack Monroe reveals that she's an alcoholic". Mail Online. Retrieved 1 April 2020.