|This article is a stub. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by expanding it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!
Dr. Jen Manion is an author and professor of History at Amherst College. Dr. Manion is most known for writing the book Female Husbands: A Trans History, which covers historical records of people who were assigned female at birth but who publicly presented as men and married women. The working title for this book was Born in the Wrong Time: Transgender Archives and the History of Possibility, 1770-1870.
Books[edit | edit source]
- Taking Back the Academy! History of Activism, History as Activism (2004, co-edited with Jim Downs)
- Liberty's Prisoners: Carceral Culture in Early America (2015)
- Female Husbands: A Trans History (2020)
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- JenManion.com - About
- Fea, John (12 October 2015). "The Author's Corner with Jen Manion". the way of improvement leads home. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- Maxwell, Carrie (15 April 2020). "BOOKS Jen Manion talks 'Female Husbands' and writing process". Windy City Times. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
Manion said, "Somewhere in the middle of this project we realized that the term female husband was the perfect category for me. Some of it is about my gender expression but it is also about caretaking and responsibility that the term husband connotes."
- Manion, Jen (27 November 2018). "The Performance of Transgender Inclusion". Public Seminar. Retrieved 21 August 2020.