|Date of birth||28 September 1986|
|Place of birth||London, England|
|Pronouns||she/her or they/them|
|Gender identity||Genderqueer woman|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"I am a woman, politically, because that's how people see me and that's how the state treats me. And sometimes I'm also a boy. Gender is something I perform, when I put on my binder or paint my nails. When I walk down the street. When I talk to my boss. When I kiss my partner in their makeup and high heels.
I don't want to see a world without gender. I want to see a world where gender is not oppressive or enforced, where there are as many ways to express and perform and relate to your own identity as there are people on Earth. I want a world where gender is not painful, but joyful.
But until then, we've got this one. And for as long as we all have to navigate a gender binary that’s fundamentally broken and a sex class system that seeks to break us, I'm happy to be a gender traitor."
Books written[edit | edit source]
- Meat Market: Female Flesh Under Capitalism (Zero Books, 2011)
- Penny Red: Notes from the New Age of Dissent (Pluto Press, 2011)
- Discordia: Six Nights in Crisis Athens (Random House, 2012)
- Cybersexism: Sex, Gender and Power on the Internet (Bloomsbury Publishing, 2013)
- Unspeakable Things: Sex, Lies and Revolution (Bloomsbury Publishing, 2014)
- Everything Belongs to the Future (Tor.com, 2016)
- Bitch Doctrine: Essays for Dissenting Adults (Bloomsbury USA, 2017)