|Pronouns||they/them or name only|
|Occupation||actor, filmmaker, activist|
Misha Osherovich is a nonbinary actor, filmmaker, and activist known for their role as Josh in the 2020 film Freaky.
Osherovich was raised in the Washington, D.C., area by Russian immigrant parents. Their family is Jewish. Osherovich graduated with a BFA in Acting from Montclair State University. They made their New York stage debut in the off-Broadway production of A Clockwork Orange: A Play with Music at New World Stages.
Osherovich's television and film credits include roles in the 2019 film The Goldfinch as well as the AMC series NOS4A2. They then co-starred in the horror comedy-film Freaky, released on November 13, 2020. Osherovich wrote and co-produced the short film E.very D.ay. The film addresses Osherovich’s struggle with an eating disorder as well as covering the topics of mental health and body image.
Osherovich is an advocate for mental healthcare access for the queer community. Partnering with NEDA (National Eating Disorders Association), they produced the organization's first social media Pride campaign to advocate for awareness about disordered eating and body image struggles within the LGBTQIA+ community.
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Instagram bio retrieved Nov 21, 2020
- "Get to Know 'Freaky' Star Misha Osherovich with These 10 Fun Facts! (Exclusive)". Just Jared. November 12, 2020. Retrieved November 21, 2020.
- Blank, Matthew (2017-11-08). "BWW Interview: Jonno Davies, Sean Patrick Higgins and Misha Osherovich on A CLOCKWORK ORANGE's Haunting Themes". Broadway World.
- Lubin, Kevin (June 2019). "Interview with Misha Osherovich" (PDF). Pride and PreJewdice. p. 4.
- "Misha Osherovich". Backstage.com. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- Sullivan, Lindsey (2017-09-15). "British Invasion! Jonno Davies & Alexandra Spencer-Jones Bring the Brotherhood of A Clockwork Orange Stateside". Broadway.com. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- "Movie Review – The Goldfinch (2019)". Flickering Myth. 2019-09-27. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- N'Duka, Amanda (2019-10-24). "'Succession' Star Alan Ruck, Katie Finneran & More Join Chris Landon Blumhouse Film". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- McClintock, Pamela (2020-09-10). "Body-Swap Pic 'Freaky' Lands November Release Date in Cinemas". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2020-09-14.
- Osherovich, Misha (2019-04-23), E.very D.ay, retrieved 2020-08-27
- Osherovich, Misha (2018-05-15). "Every Day - Taking Recovery One Day at a Time". National Eating Disorders Association. Retrieved 2020-08-27.
- Kim, Michelle (November 17, 2020). ""Horror Is an Incredibly Queer Space": Nonbinary Actor Misha Oshervich on New Film Freaky". them. Retrieved November 21, 2020.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Misha Oshervich, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|