|This article is a stub. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by expanding it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!
|Gender identity||nonbinary, genderqueer, agender|
|Occupation||mayor of Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales|
|Known for||Being the first out nonbinary mayor in the world.|
Owen J. Hurcum is a Welsh politician, currently Mayor of Bangor, Gwynedd and Bangor City councillor for the Glyder ward. They are the first openly nonbinary mayor of any city and also the youngest person in history to hold a mayoral position in Wales.
Owen helped to organise the first ever Bangor Pride in 2019.
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- @OwenJHurcum Twitter bio. Retrieved 13 May 2021.
- @OwenJHurcum (10 May 2021). "When I came out two years ago I was so worried I'd be ostracized by my community or worse. Today my community elected me Mayor of our great City. The youngest ever Mayor in Wales. The first ever openly Non-Binary Mayor of any city anywhere. Beyond humbled, Diolch Bangor" – via Twitter.
- "Recent college grad becomes world's first elected non-binary mayor". Salon LGBTQ. 11 May 2021. Retrieved 13 May 2021.
- O'Kane, Caitlin (13 May 2021). "Welsh town elects nonbinary mayor in a historic first". CBS News. Retrieved 13 May 2021.
- Ali, Joseph (17 November 2020). "Transgender awareness week: The inspirational people making a difference in Wales". WalesOnline. Retrieved 13 May 2021.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Owen Hurcum, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|