|Occupation||Former ILGA Co-Secretary General; Senior Program Officer - Intersex Human Rights Fund at Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice|
Ruth Baldacchino is a Maltese LGBT and intersex activist. They were formerly the Co-Secretary General of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA World), and Senior Program Officer for the first intersex human rights fund. They are also an activist for the rights of sex workers.
Activism and career[edit | edit source]
Baldacchino has recently served on the boards of the Malta Gay Rights Movement, IGLYO and ILGA-Europe and furthermore fills in as senior program official for the first intersex human rights fund. They are a visiting lecturer at the University of Malta. Somewhere in the range of 2014 and 2019, they filled in as co-secretary general of ILGA World. Since 2015 they have functioned as program official for the primary intersex human rights finance, at the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice.
Ruth holds an M.A. in Women's Studies from University College Dublin and a B.A. (Honours) in Sociology from University of Malta. They are a PhD candidate in Sociology/Gender Studies, and lecture Queer Studies at the University of Malta.
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Twitter bio retrieved 15 November 2020
- "Introducing the Intersex Fund team at Astraea!". 16 June 2015. Archived from the original on 3 July 2015.
- Magri, Giulia (10 March 2020). "'The media can help shift the narrative about sex work' - LGBTIQ activist". The Malta Independent. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- Calleja, Claudia (28 March 2012). "Milkshake seeks to dismantle taboos". Times of Malta. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Ruth Baldacchino". Astraea Lesbian Foundation For Justice. Retrieved 15 November 2020.