Sam Smith displaying their tattoos of the "female" and "male" symbols.
|Date of birth||19 May 1992|
|Place of birth||London, England|
|Gender identity||"I feel just as much woman as I am man."|
Samuel Frederick Smith (born 19 May 1992) is an English singer and songwriter. They rose to prominence in October 2012 after being featured on Disclosure's breakthrough single "Latch", which peaked at number eleven on the UK Singles Chart. Smith was subsequently featured on Naughty Boy's "La La La", which became a number one single in May 2013. In December 2013, they were nominated for the 2014 Brit Critics' Choice Award and the BBC's Sound of 2014 poll, winning both.
In October 2017 Sam said in an interview that "I don’t know what the title would be but I feel just as much woman as I am man." 
References[edit | edit source]
- Besanvalle, James (22 October 2017). "Sam Smith on his gender identity: 'I feel just as much woman as I am man'". Gay Star News. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "Brits announce Critics' Choice 2014 shortlist". BBC. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sound of 2014 Profile: Sam Smith". BBC. Retrieved 10 January 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Brits Critics' Choice Award 2014: Sam Smith announced as winner". The Daily Telegraph. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "BBC Sound of 2014: Sam Smith". BBC. 10 January 2014. Retrieved 10 January 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sam Smith changes pronouns to they/them". BBC News. 14 September 2019. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Sam Smith, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|
|This article lacks significant content. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by completing it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!