|Date of birth||August 31, 1979|
|Place of birth||Huntington Park, California, USA|
Ser Anzoategui is an American actor born August 31, 1979 (current age 42). They are best known for portraying Eddy on the Starz drama Vida, and Daysi Cantu on East Los High (2015-2016). They also appear in the 2020 documentary Disclosure: Trans Lives on Screen.
Anzoategui is nonbinary and uses singular they pronouns. They were born in Huntington Park, California, and raised in several communities around East Los Angeles. Their parents immigrated to the United States from Argentina and Paraguay. They have also written and performed autobiographical theater shows such as Ser and Catholic School Daze.
In a 2021 article written for Deadline, Anzoategui argued that the Golden Globes and SAG Awards should have an award category for nonbinary performers.
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Radish, Christina (2019-06-12). "'Vida' Season 2: Ser Anzoategui on Eddy's Journey and Being Non-Binary in Hollywood". Collider. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- Anzoategui, Ser (23 June 2019). "Op-Ed: Don't call me an actress. In fact, let's get rid of that title altogether". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- Betancourt, Manuel (26 April 2018). "What It's Like to Be a Non-Binary Latinx Actor in Hollywood". Remezcla. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- Phillips, Carmen (30 April 2018). "Vida's Non-Binary Latinx Actor Ser Anzoategui Already Knows Their Show Will Be Your New Favorite". Autostraddle. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- Anzoategui, Ser (February 28, 2021). "'Vida' Star Ser Anzoategui Says It's Time For A Non-Binary Award Category – Guest Column". Deadline. Retrieved March 5, 2021.