Translations:Gender-variant identities worldwide/148/en
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Name of identity: Biza'ah
- Culture: Zapotec, Mesoamerica
- Era: ??? - to present
- Description of sex/gender: AMAB individuals who take on feminine roles. Similar to the Muxe, described below.
- Role in society: "The biza'ah sometimes engage in the stereotypically feminine activities of their community such as the making of ceremonial candles."
- Stephen, Lynn (March 2002). "Sexualities and Genders in Zapotec Oaxaca". Latin American Perspectives. 29 (2): 41-59. doi:10.1177/0094582X0202900203.
- "Chapter 3: Global Sexualities: LGBTQ Anthropology Past, Present, and Future | Glossary". LGBTQ+ Studies: An Open Textbook. Retrieved 5 December 2020.
- "Global Terms". Digital Transgender Archive. Retrieved 5 December 2020.