Translations:Gender-variant identities worldwide/49/en
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Name of identity: Mutarajjulat, "women who wish to resemble men."
- Culture: Islam
- Era: ninth through eleventh centuries
- Description of sex/gender: AFAB and masculine
- Role in society: unknown
- Gary Bowen. "A Dictionary of Words for Masculine Women." FTM International. May 15, 1995. Retrieved November 5, 1996. http://web.archive.org/web/19961105010926/http://www.ftm-intl.org/Wrtngs/ftm-words.gary.html
- David Cook. "Women fighting in jihad?" Female Terrorism and Militancy: Agency , Utility, and Organization. Cindy D. Ness, ed. New York: Routledge, 2008. Pp. 38-39.