|Occupation||writer, performer, filmmaker, actor|
Amrou Al-Kadhi is a writer, filmmaker, actor, and performer. At age 20 they created their drag persona, Glamrou, and began doing drag shows at their university. They are now a veteran drag artist and founded the drag troupe "Denim".
Professional acting credits include Venom 2 (Marvel), Carnival Row (Amazon Studios), Christopher Robin (Disney), The Souvenir 2 (Joanna Hogg), Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie (BBC Films). They are also a co-presenter of NB, a BBC podcast about non-binary identity.
Their father is Bashar AlKadhi CEO at Hill and Knowlton Strategies, lives in Dubai and their mother is Ayeser Alkadhi lives in London with Bashar's mother. Amrou have a twin brother Ramy Alkadhi who works at Anghami, Abu Dhabi.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"I always think – look around…the world is insanely complicated? I mean Jesus…Octopuses can change colour, shape and size at will…our brains make billions of neural decisions every second…but you can't for a second understand that some people's genders don't sit in the binary framework of sex?"
Books[edit | edit source]
- UNICORN: The Memoir of a Muslim Drag Queen (Paperback)
- Life as a Unicorn: A Journey from Shame to Pride, and Everything in Between (Hardback)
References[edit | edit source]
- @Glamrou (23 July 2020). "I'm non-binary..." – via Twitter.
- Al-Kadhi, Amrou (11 October 2019). "How drag helped me come to terms with my gender". British GQ. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- Al-Kadhi, Amrou (20 October 2019). "Amrou Al-Kadhi: 'Being a drag queen healed me'". the Guardian. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- Amrou Al-Kadhi [@Glamrou] (Feb 13, 2019). "I'm the co-presenter of NB, a @BBCSounds podcast about non-binary identity and all its glory, created by the brilliant @caitlinbenny and produced by the wondrous @ArlieAdlington. Here's the teaser episode - there'll be 8 full episodes starting next week!" – via Twitter.
- "Team Anghami".
- "Middle East Innovators Stand Ready To Go Public and Take the Global Stage". Nasdaq. 18 May 2021. Retrieved 19 May 2021.
Founded in 2012 in Lebanon and headquartered in Abu Dhabi, Anghami is a streaming platform with more than 70 million users.
- ""Glamrou is a celebration of my gender-queerness, and she's a celebration of all the female facets of my Arab and Muslim heritage."". Shado Magazine. Archived from the original on 17 July 2023. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Nonbinary wiki by expanding it!
Note to editors: remember to always support the information you proved with external references!