|This page is about a gender identity that is not widely used among gender-variant people. This does not mean that the identity is not valid, but that very few people are known to use this term.
More information on uncommon identities...
The colours aesthetically represent how this gender feels
|Under the umbrella term||Nonbinary|
Ethegender, Delicagender, Daingender, Etherereagender or Elegender is a nonbinary gender where the interpretation is left up to individuals, but in essence, it is a gender that is unable to be understood by the individual and/or others, and it cannot be explained. It can also be defined as a dainty, elegant or delicate gender. The prefixes for these terms come from the words elegant, ethereal, dainty and delicate.
Ethegender was coined on July 17, 2014 by robotxt on tumblr.
Basic information[edit | edit source]
- Origin: Coined by Tumblr user robotxt.
- Meaning: A gender up to interpretation by individuals, but in essence is an ethereal gender that is unable to be understood by either the individual or others; a gender that cannot be explained; a dainty, elegant, or delicate gender. 
- Keywords: indescribable, unique, xenogender
- Demographics: In the 2019 Worldwide Gender Census, one response was ethegender, and one was elegender.
Flag colour and meanings[edit | edit source]
There are two ethegender flags. The first one was created at the same time the term was coined, by tumblr user no-bucks-for-this-doe. The second one was created on August 23, 2015 by pride-flags on deviantart. The colours on the flags are used to aesthetically represent the gender, with elegant and dainty seeming colours.
References[edit | edit source]
- "elegender". purrloin is SHIT. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- "Gender Census 2019 - the worldwide TL;DR." Gender Census. March 31, 2019. Retrieved July 5, 2020. https://gendercensus.com/post/183843963445/gender-census-2019-the-worldwide-tldr Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20200118084451/https://gendercensus.com/post/183843963445/gender-census-2019-the-worldwide-tldr