Genny Beemyn, Ph.D. is a historian, writer, and LGBTQ advocate. They are the director of Stonewall Center at the University of Massachusetts and co-chair of International Pronouns Day. Their books include A Queer Capital: A History of Gay Life in Washington, D.C. (Routledge, 2014) and, with Sue Rankin, The Lives of Transgender People (Columbia University Press, 2011).
In 2015 Beemyn was given a Research and Assessment Award from the Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals. In 2019, they were given the Lou Sullivan Torch Award for their work in scholarship and advocacy for transgender inclusion on college campuses.
References[edit | edit source]
- Rupp, Leila (June 2019). "Podcast Transcript: The Experiences of Trans People (pdf)" (PDF). tolerance.org. Retrieved 30 April 2020.
- Pietrewicz, Ana (23 October 2019). "Stonewall Center Director Genny Beemyn receives first Lou Sullivan Torch Award". Massachusetts Daily Collegian. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Interview with Genny Beemyn- Author of "The Lives of Transgender People"". The Critical Lede. August 26, 2012. Retrieved April 30, 2020.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index a nil value.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals. "Genny Beemyn – Research and Assessment Award" (PDF).