|Date of birth||1991|
|Nationality||American (United States of America)|
|Occupation||author and illustrator|
|Known for||Gender Queer: A Memoir|
Maia Kobabe is a nonbinary, queer author and illustrator with an MFA in Comics from California College of the Arts. E has been self publishing comics since 2010. Eir work focuses on themes of identity, sexuality, anti-fascism, fairy tales, and homesickness. Maia has created a graphic novel memoir called Gender Queer: A Memoir (which won a Stonewall Honor award in 2020) and short comics that have been published on The Nib.
Kobabe created the following comics:
- Tom O'Bedlam (2015)
- The Thief's Tales #1 and #2
- The Non-Binary Bunny
E has also made short comics for these anthologies:
- Alphabet (2015)
- Tabula Idem (2017)
- Mine! (2018)
- Gothic Tales of Haunted Love (2018)
- The Secret Love of Geeks (2018)
- Faster Than Light Y'all (2018)
- Advanced Death Saves (2019)
- How to Wait (2019)
- Shout Out (2019)
- Rolled and Told (2019)
Website[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Watts, Katie (January 6, 2015). "Petaluma comic artist draws on passion". Santa Rosa Press Democrat. Retrieved May 10, 2020.
- Oliver, Andy (May 15, 2019). "Gender Queer: A Memoir – Maia Kobabe Explains What it Means to Be Non-Binary and Asexual in Eir Vitally Important Graphic Memoir from Lion Forge". Broken Frontier. Retrieved May 10, 2020.
- Kobabe, Maia. “About.” About - Maia Kobabe, redgoldsparkspress.com/about.
- Kobabe, Maia. “Maia Kobabe.” The Nib, The Nib, 7 Feb. 2020, thenib.com/author/maia-kobabe/.