|Date of birth||September 17, 1998|
|Place of birth||Tokyo, Japan|
|Occupation||Model and actor|
Satsuki Nakayama (中山 咲月 Nakayama Satsuki) is a Japanese model and actor who is known for their roles as Naki in Kamen Rider Zero-One and Shima Nishina in Kiss Him, Not Me. They started their modeling career as an exclusive model for the magazine Pichi Lemon and later became one of the standout models of Japan's genderless trend. In 2019, Nakayama came out as asexual and agender on their blog as well as in an interview to Vogue Girl, expressing their desire not to be defined as either male or female.
Career[edit | edit source]
In 2011, at age 12, Nakayama became an exclusive model for the magazine Pichi Lemon. After seeing photos of Korean model Kaito on a fashion brand website, Nakayama was inspired by their androgynous appearance and began to wear more androgynous clothing, becoming one of the standout female models of Japan's genderless fashion trend.
In 2018, Nakayama made their first television acting appearance in the live-action television adaptation of Chūgakusei Nikki. They later made their film debut in Nunuko no Seisen: Harajuku Story, playing Akihisa Kubo, frontman for the fictional band ORION. In 2019, they played the role of Kaoru in the Y!mobile webseries Parallel School Days, which later gained a theatrical release. In 2020, they appeared in Kamen Rider Zero-One and its direct-to-Blu-ray spin-off series, Project Thouser, as Naki, a character confirmed by producer Takahito Omori to be genderless.
Nakayama was slated to star in the 2020 theatre adaptation of All About J as Rita Barthelme; however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the production was cancelled.
Nakayama is a brand ambassador for unisex clothing brand BLAKICHY and a partner of its sister brand KINGLYMASK. In 2019, they started their own fashion line, Xspada.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
Television[edit | edit source]
|2018||Chūgakusei Nikki||Sarasa Aoyama||Tokyo Broadcasting System Television||Supporting role|
|2020||Kamen Rider Zero-One||Naki||TV Asahi||Supporting role|
|2020||Project Thouser||Naki||Direct-to-Blu-ray||Lead role|
Film[edit | edit source]
|2018||Nunuko no Seisen: Harajuku Story||Akihisa Kubo|||
|2019||Parallel School Days||Kaoru||Supporting role|
|2020||Kiss Him, Not Me||Shima Nishina||Supporting role|
Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "無性愛" [Asexuality]. 中山咲月 公式ブログ (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "無性愛続き" [Asexuality, continuation]. 中山咲月 公式ブログ (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- Japan, CondeNast. ""当たり前"に惑わされない。中山咲月が選んだ⾃分だけの個性。 - 自分らしく生きるってどんな感じ？". VOGUE GIRL (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- Hernon, Matthew (2017-09-26). "'Genderless' model Satsuki Nakayama cashes in on androgyny trend". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2020-03-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kinuwa, Shinichi (2018-10-24). ""ジェンダーレス女子"中山咲月、悩んだ10代「過去を黒歴史にしたくない」". Confidence (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-03-06 – via Oricon. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "劇場版「パラレルスクールDAYS」公開決定". NB Press Online (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "『ゼロワン』滅亡迅雷.net"最後の1人"亡役に中山咲月 スピンオフ『プロジェクト・サウザー』に登場". Confidence (in Japanese). 2020-03-01. Retrieved 2020-03-06 – via Oricon. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Xspada official Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved April 26, 2020.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (2020-03-06). "Live-Action 'Kiss Him, Not Me' Film's Trailer Previews More Cast, Theme Song, Kabe-Don Scene". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2020-03-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Satsuki Nakayama, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|