Jump to navigation Jump to search
Suzannah Weiss (born September 6, 1990) is a feminist writer who has written for The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Washington Post, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Playboy, and other publications.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
|«||If we lived in a world where gender roles didn't exist, it's possible that I wouldn't identify as non-binary. But as it stands, identifying as a woman leads other people to make assumptions about you: That you love kids, that you prefer to be submissive in relationships, etc. These qualities are not inherent to any gender, but our culture automatically associates them with certain genders, which in turn affects how people treat us. Yes, womanhood is a social construct — even "non-binary" is a social construct. Social constructs are still part of reality, though, and that reality will inevitably affect how we identify.||»|
|«||I used to feel like a fraud for saying I was non-binary because I didn't do anything differently from when I identified as a woman. I dressed the same, I acted the same, and I didn't talk about being non-binary with many people. Being non-binary doesn't have to be a huge deal, though. You don’t have to do anything special or come out to anyone or behave any differently than you did before. The thing about gender is that it’s totally personal to you, so no matter what you say your gender is, you are right. You can’t be wrong.||»|
References[edit | edit source]
- Instagram bio, retrieved May 14, 2020
- Weiss, Suzannah (11 June 2016). "5 Things That Don't Prevent Someone From Being Non-Binary". Bustle. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- "Suzannah Weiss Bio, latest news and articles". Glamour. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Search". Washington Post. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Weiss, Suzannah. "Suzannah Weiss Author Archive". The Cut. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Suzannah Weiss". ELLE. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Suzannah Weiss". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Weiss, Suzannah (2019-10-05). "The Sexist Undertones of Wedding Marketing". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-12-12.
- Weiss, Suzannah (15 February 2018). "9 Things People Get Wrong About Being Non-Binary". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Suzannah Weiss, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|