Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hullo, I am bi/pan and multigender. I enjoy creative writing and wiki editing
to do[edit source]
some people we don't have pages on[edit source]
- Durga Gawde https://www.vogue.in/content/artist-durga-gawde-tells-us-what-it-means-to-be-gender-fluid, https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/spotlight/durga-gawde-my-parents-have-always-regarded-me-as-both-their-son-daughter/articleshow/65887658.cms, https://futureof.in/blogs/journal/building-the
- Lo Shearing
- Mykki Blanco - "I feel two-spirited. I feel both sexes inhabit my character." "And then there was a point where I said, 'Well, actually, I still don’t feel comfortable with the ‘he’ pronoun, and I'd prefer you to refer to me as gender-queer and maybe ‘she’ when you’re referring to Mykki Blanco.'"
- https://countryqueer.com/stories/interview/avery-hellman-ismays-calm-cowbirl-energy/ https://offshelf.net/2020/03/18/ismays-avery-hellman/
- Shannon Cuttle https://www.tapinto.net/towns/soma/articles/why-is-shannon-cuttles-candidacy-making-history, https://www.tapinto.net/towns/soma/sections/government/articles/shannon-cuttle-makes-history-as-the-first-transgender-elected-official-to-be-a-dnc-convention-delegate
- Jacks McNamara
- Uncle Meg - https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/new-music-monday-uncle-meg
- Andrea Di Giovanni?
- Sasha Velour
- Annie Clark/St Vincent?
- Thomas Dale? may not be really notable https://twitter.com/Thomasdale5/status/999818823871037440 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWVW_zlVvdw
- Lex Ryan and Chloe Freeman? may not be really notable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PiqyjpY9ys / https://www.thefancarpet.com/exclusive-interview-lex-ryan-chloe-freeman-under-my-skin/
- thread of trans/nonbinary black people: https://twitter.com/Dev_Blair/status/876511844659326976
- Nonbinary actors: https://lezwatchtv.com/actor_gender/non-binary/
- Told Slant/Felix Walworth
- Melissa Shuen-Mallory https://victoryfund.org/candidate/shuen-mallory-melissa/ https://www.instagram.com/p/CGN2fAvhoFk/
- "Loone is an all trans and genderqueer post-folk, pastoral rock band from Greenfield, Massachusetts." - http://allstonpudding.com/loones-creations-upcoming-album-trans-sanctuary/
My philosophy/personal guidelines on creating people articles:[edit source]
- Don't mention previous names (deadnames)
- Pronoun choice can change over time, so rely on the most recent indication from the individual themself whenever possible.
- Cite their gender from their own words as much as possible, not reporter's words.
- E.g. if the headline says "Get To Know Genderfluid Artist Joe Schmo" the reporter or editor may be incorrectly using "genderfluid" to mean androgynous or GNC or "nonbinary in general". Or it may be a misunderstanding/misreporting, as in the case of Billy Dee Williams.
- Try to avoid using "identifies as" since it has a slight implication that "well they could be misguided/confused".
- Exception for past labels the person has stated they no longer use. E.g. "They used to identify as a gay man but since then realized they are pansexual and agender."
- Don't mention their birth assignment.
- Avoid saying what procedures/etc they have or have not done for transition, unless they are really open about it, then it could be tastefully mentioned e.g. Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.
- Don't need to mention what gender marker is on their documents, unless they are famous for this, e.g. Shige Sakurai made headlines for getting the first X driver's license in the USA.
For creating articles in general:
- Use an archiving service on webpages you reference. Especially when citing Tumblr/Twitter, as users are prone to changing URLs or having their accounts deleted. Ex. mogai-archive.tumblr.com is heavily cited across NBWiki and no longer exists; almost nothing of their content is archived.
- If you have any feedback on these, feel free to drop a note on my talk page.