Christine and the Queens
Chris performing in 2019
|Date of birth||1 June 1988|
|Place of birth||Nantes, France|
|Gender identity||genderqueer woman|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"Once we free women of stereotypes, we can free men as well. Men will be allowed to cry in public, and actually be queer and feminine. Some guys like Young Thug make me believe in the fragile thug, the feminine thug. I'm waiting for gender-fluidity to actually rule the world and then we can all be free."
"Feminism, it helps men, as well. If we don't have one way to be a woman, then we don't have one way to be a man. Everybody wins! There's a lot to be done, still. Because you feel, with the Internet, with discussion articles, it comes in waves. It goes forward, and then it goes backward, and then it goes forward again. With the Internet, with people like FKA twigs and Arca, you get to see more and more ways of existing. People are going to be, hopefully, exposed to many different ways to be an artist and a man and a woman and a trans man and a trans woman. It's all about being seen and heard, a fight to be recognized and to be there. The more brave artists we have, the more people will catch on."
References[edit | edit source]
- Brekke, Kira. "Christine And The Queens: Powerful, Liberated And 'Obsessed'". HuffPost. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- "Christine and the Queens explains what it means to be genderqueer". Attitude.co.uk. 30 October 2019. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- Newsnight, BBC (28 September 2018). "Christine and the Queens on gender and sexuality - BBC Newsnight". YouTube. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- "Christine and the Queens: Why I'm pansexual". BBC News. 6 December 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- Pollard, Alexandra (26 February 2016). "Christine & The Queens: 'Even in a suit, people discuss whether they'd f*ck me'". Gigwise. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- Min, Lilian (23 October 2015). "Feminism, gender fluidity, and France: In conversation with Christine and the Queens". HelloGiggles. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Christine and the Queens, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|