Talk:Nonbinary gender in fiction
Is this a typo? SnaiLords[edit source]
- Tapastic webcomics
- Snailed It by SnaiLords, who "identifies with both genders" and described themselves as an "andogynous snail".
It's hard to tell because the title has a typo in it by design! Does anyone who knows the source material know if the description should say "androgynous" or "andogynous" snail? --Cassolotl (talk) pronouns: they/them 09:28, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Cassolotl: SnaiLords' profile says that he identifies as androgynous, at the bottom (almost) of his bio. Thanks for pointing it out! --Ondo (talk) 18:41, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
People to add to the TV section[edit source]
I'm too sleepy to do it but maybe someone else is more awake?
Taylor Mason, Billions, played by Asia Kate Dillon who is also nonbinary, they/them pronouns- Done! --Cassolotl (talk) pronouns: they/them 10:17, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- Syd, One Day at a Time, they/them pronouns
- Yael, Degrassi https://www.vulture.com/2017/07/degrassi-next-class-yael-gender-fluid-character.html
- Susie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, https://www.teenvogue.com/story/lachlan-watson-susie-putnam-chilling-adventures-of-sabrina called "she" throughout but with a babytrans plot going on, apparently they are still in the self-discovery phase
Title change[edit source]
I changed the title of this article from "fictional depictions of nonbinary gender" to "nonbinary gender in fiction." The new title is more appropriately worded, because fictional depictions would imply something that is itself fictional and nonexistent, rather than just something that is in a work of fiction. For example, the difference between the fictional book The Neverending Story (which is a supernatural artifact that doesn't exist in real life, and wasn't written by any one human being) that is described within the fiction book The Neverending Story (which is an ordinary book that can be found in any library, written by Michael Ende). Plus, the old article title was more wordy than it needed to be. -Sekhet (talk) 14:55, 22 May 2019 (UTC)