Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is about a gender identity that is not widely used among gender-variant people. This does not mean that the identity is not valid, but that very few people are known to use this term.
More information on uncommon identities...
Quoigender (from French quoi, quoi "what" + "gender") is a nonbinary gender identity with several definitions:
- someone who feels that gender identity and/or existing gender terms don't apply to them
- someone whose relationship with gender is complicated; someone who isn't sure whether they experience gender or what gender identity means for them
- can be used as an alternative to "questioning", in order to communicate exhaustion or frustration with searching for a better gender identity term for oneself
- someone who is done with gender and doesn't care much for it as a concept; frustration with gender
History[edit | edit source]
The Tumblr user epochryphal coined the word quoigender in 2014 to go along with quoiromantic and quoisexual.
Related identities[edit | edit source]
- Grey-/Graygender - someone who has a gender, but feels less invested in it or connected to it than other people seem to
- E(x)gender - similar to agender but more extreme--rejection of gender as a concept and a refusal to answer or acknowledge the question of gender
- Novigender - an experience with gender which is so complicated or difficult to understand that it cannot be pinned down to one word