Notable nonbinary people
Notable nonbinary people include celebrities, activists, and historical figures who identify outside of the Western gender binary, regardless of whether they have used the word "nonbinary" for themselves. They may call themselves genderqueer, use an indigenous word for their identity, or they may simply describe their identity with words like "I'm not a man or a woman," "I'm some percentage of both," or "I often change back and forth." They were not necessarily born physically intersex, and they do not necessarily transition. This article is about a few such people who are well-known. Due to the nature of how people become well-known, people who are musicians, actors, or activists tend to be overrepresented in this list. (There many more nonbinary people all over the world who are not famous, and who have other types of careers.) The entries in the below table are sorted alphabetically by surname. You can click on the headings to change it to sort by birthdate, nationality, or gender identity instead.
|Name||Birth year||Nationality||Gender identity||Occupation, accomplishments|
|Courtney Act||1982||Australian||Genderqueer||Drag queen, singer, television personality|
|Aja||1994||American||Genderfluid||Drag queen, rapper, television personality|
|Travis Alabanza||1996||British||Gender non-conforming||Performance artist, poet, writer, LGBTQ rights activist|
|Kaitlyn Alexander||1992||Canadian||Nonbinary||Actor, writer, web series creator and YouTube personality|
|Olly Alexander||1990||English||Nonbinary. Alexander said, "I feel very nonbinary, and you know, I identify as gay and queer and nonbinary[...]"||Singer, songwriter, actor, and activist|
|Jens Andersson||1760 (circa)||Norwergian||Both. Andersson was assigned female at birth and presented as male. Andersson was subjected to a criminal trial for marrying a woman. In the trial, Andersson was asked: "Are you a man or a woman?" It was recorded that the answer was that "he believes he could be both."||Unknown|
|Ser Anzoategui||1979||American||Nonbinary||Actor. Best known for portraying the butch widow Eddy on the drama Vida (2018-2020), and the masculine of center character Daysi Cantu on East Los High (2015-2016). Anzoategui was nominated for “Best Supporting Actor” for their Vida performance at the 2019 Imagen Awards.|
|Qween Amor||1989||American||"I like to identify with both genders."||Dancer|
|Arca||1989||Venezuelan||Nonbinary||Record producer, singer|
|Meg-John Barker||1974||British||Plural / nonbinary||Author, speaker, consultant, activist|
|Thomas Baty||1869||British||Nonbinary||Lawyer, writer, editor of the feminist gender studies journal Urania|
|B-Complex||1984||Slovakian||Bigender. "I happen to be transgendered person as well, bi-gender in particular." Prefers the name Maťo when presenting as a man and the name Matia when presenting as a woman.||Music producer and DJ. The artist's first major label release was "Beautiful Lies", which appeared on the compilation Sick Music from Hospital Records. The compilation went on to reach the top 30 on the iTunes UK Download Chart, and was in the top 5 on the Beatport Drum and Bass Chart.|
|Marjorie Beaucage||1947||Canadian||Two-spirit||Filmmaker and teacher|
|Mal Blum||1988||American||Nonbinary||Musician, Singer|
|Justin Vivian Bond||1963||American||Bond said, "for me to claim to be either a man or a woman, feels like a lie. My identity falls somewhere in the middle and is constantly shifting."||Singer-songwriter, author, painter, performance artist, actor. Most famous for v's cabaret character Kiki DuRane. Bond is a Tony-nominated (2007) performer who has received GLAAD (2000), Obie (2001), Bessie (2004), Ethyl (2007), and a Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grants to Artists (2012) awards.|
|Kate Bornstein||1948||American||Nonbinary. Currently (as of 2019), Bornstein's site says they identify as nonbinary. Bornstein has said, "I don't call myself a woman, and I know I'm not a man." Their transition included gender affirmation surgery.||Author, playwright, performance artist, and gender theorist|
|Tony Briffa||1969||Australian||Nonbinary, which Briffa says reflects the intersex condition with which she was born. She obtained a birth certificate with a blank sex designation. "My natural female and male biology also reflected how I felt as a person. I'm more than just a woman or a man - I'm both."||Politician and intersex advocate. The world's first openly intersex person elected into public office.|
|Pandora Boxx||1972||American||Genderfluid||Drag queen, television personality|
|Rhea Butcher||1982||American||Nonbinary||Actor, comedian|
|Alec Butler||1959||Canadian||Two-spirit||Playwright and filmmaker|
|Judith Butler||1956||American||Nonbinary||Philosopher, gender theorist|
|Claude Cahun||1894||French||neuter. In their autobiography, Disavowals, they explained, “Masculine? Feminine? It depends on the situation. Neuter is the only gender that always suits me.”||Artist in the surrealist movement. Writing, photography, and theatre. Most remembered for highly staged self-portraits and tableaux. Cahun and their life partner Marcel Moore were both Jewish, adopted gender-neutral names, and often collaborated together in art. In WWII, the couple engaged in resistance work and activism against the Nazis during the German occupation of France.|
|Anna-Varney Cantodea||Unknown, 20th century||German||Genderqueer||Musician, singer-songwriter|
|Nicky Case||Unknown, 20th century||Canadian||Genderqueer and nonbinary||Independent video game developer|
|Cassils||Unknown, 20th century||Canadian||Gender non-conforming||Performance artist, body builder, personal trainer|
|Violet Chachki||1992||American||Genderfluid||Drag queen, model, television personality|
|Parinya Charoenphol||1981||Thai||Kathoey||Boxer (Muay Thai boxer)|
|Chrystos||1946||American||Two-spirit||Poet and activist|
|Jonathan Rachel Clynch||1971||Irish||Genderfluid. "One of Irish broadcaster RTE’s best-known journalists just [in 2015] came out as 'gender fluid,' and the response so far seems wholly positive."||Journalist|
|Shea Couleé||1989||American||Nonbinary||Drag queen, musician, television personality|
|Edward Cowley||Unknown, 20th century||New Zealander||Fa'afafine||Entertainer|
|Ivan E. Coyote||1969||Canadian||Butch: "Nobody taught me how to be butch; I didn't even hear the word until I was twenty years old. I first became something I had no name for in solitude and only later discovered the word for what I was". Coyote describes themself as "a trans person who doesn't fit neatly into the gender binary," and has said "I don't want to be a man but don’t feel like a woman either, and that's a difficult place to be in, yet that is my authentic self and there is nothing harder than spending an entire lifetime trying to cover up your authentic self."||Writer. Coyote has made significant contributions to the representation of queerness in Canadian literature. They have won the ReLit Award for Best Fiction (2007), and the Stonewall Honor Book Award (2017).|
|Miley Cyrus||1992||American||Cyrus said in a 2015 interview, “I didn’t want to be a boy, ... I kind of wanted to be nothing. I don’t relate to what people would say defines a girl or a boy, and I think that’s what I had to understand: Being a girl isn’t what I hate, it’s the box that I get put into.”||Singer, songwriter, and actor. Cyrus was included on the annual Time 100 list of the most influential people in both 2008 and 2014.|
|Adore Delano||1989||American||Nonbinary||Singer, songwriter, drag queen, television personality|
|Sam de Leve||Unknown, 20th century||American||half-boy, as said in their Twitter bio.||Actor, dancer, writer. Plays non-binary characters for the Geek & Sundry  and Saving Throw multimedia networks.|
|Cara Delevingne||1992||British||Genderfluid||Model and actor|
|Asia Kate Dillon||1984||American||Nonbinary||Actor|
|Rain Dove||1989||American||zero gender, all gender. Dove said, "in all reality... I am nothing. Neither a man nor woman. I am a human. I just have specific anatomical capacities that I am satiated with and do not want to change." "I don’t identify as 'male' or 'female' but rather as I am I.". Often tweets with the #genderqueer hashtag.||Model, actor, and activist. Dove uses their naturally androgynous look to model for both men's and women's lines of clothing.|
|Du Blonde||1990||English||Nonbinary and queer. "I've always known I’m non-binary, I just didn't always have the words to describe it."||Musician, artist, animator|
|Dorian Electra||1992||American||Genderfluid||Singer, songwriter, video and performance artist|
|Laganja Estranja||1988||American||GenderfluidTemplate:Failed verification||Drag queen, television personality|
|Miss Fame||1985||American||Genderfluid||Drag queen, makeup artist, model, television personality|
|Florian-Ayala Fauna||Unknown, 20th century||American||Androgyne||Artist, musician, and music producer|
|Waawaate Fobister||Unknown, 20th century||Canadian||Two-spirit||Playwright and actor|
|Tyler Ford||1990||American||Agender||Writer, public speaker|
|Public Universal Friend||1752||American||Genderless. The Friend's transition started with a religious vision as part of a near-death experience at age 26, followed by a name change to the Public Universal Friend, wearing androgynous clothing, and asking that others use no pronouns for this person.||Preacher. The Friend traveled the early USA on horseback, preaching a theology similar to that of orthodox Quakers, attracting many followers who became the Society of Universal Friends. The Friend persuaded followers who owned slaves to free them. The followers included people who were black, and many unmarried women who took on prominent roles in their communities usually reserved for men.|
|Ketty Gabriele||1981||Italian||Femminiello||Mafia figure|
|Sarah Gailey||Unknown, 20th century||American||Nonbinary||Writer|
|River Gallo||1990/1991?||Salvadoran-American||Genderqueer||Filmmaker, actor, model, activist. Gallo wrote, directed, and acted in the 2019 short film Ponyboi, which is the first film to feature an openly intersex actor playing an intersex person.|
|Melanie Gillman||Unknown, 20th century||American||Nonbinary||Cartoonist|
|Gigi Goode||1997/1998||American||Genderfluid  ||Drag queen, television personality|
|G.R. Gritt||Unknown, 20th century||Canadian||Nonbinary||Musician|
|Thomas or Thomasine Hall||1603 (circa)||Colonial Virginia||Hall was intersex, and had preferred to alternate between feminine and masculine attire from one day to the next, until being accused of the crime of having sex with both men and women. Common law required that an intersex person should live the rest of their life as either male or female, whichever their anatomy resembled most closely. In this case, the medical examination was inconclusive, so the court ruled that "hee is a man and a woeman," and gave the injunction that Hall must from then on wear both masculine and feminine clothing at the same time.||Servant, soldier.|
|Raeen Roes, stage name Angel Haze||1991||American||Agender. They announced on Twitter that they were agender.||Rapper, lyricist, singer. They have been nominated for awards with MTV, O Music Awards, BET Awards, and GLAAD Music Awards.|
|Johanna Hedva||1982||Korean American||Genderqueer||Artist and author in disability studies|
|Féi Hernandez||1993||Mexican-American||Nonbinary||Artist, writer, and reiki healer. Their writing has been featured in NPR’s Code Switch, Immigrant Review, Nonbinary: Memoirs of Gender and Identity (Columbia University Press, 2019), Good Mood, LiveWire Issue 7, Hayden's Ferry Issue 64, BreakBeat Poets Volume 4: LatiNEXT and the March issue of POETRY Magazine. Hernandez’s art work has been showcased at Galería de La Raza and Residency Gallery as part of Inglewood Studios.|
|Liv Hewson||1995||Australian||Nonbinary||Actor and playwright. Hewson starred in Santa Clarita Diet, Before I Fall, and Dramaworld. In 2020, they received the Human Rights Campaign Visibility Award for their LGBT+ advocacy.|
|Jana Hunter||Unknown, 20th century||American||Genderfluid||Songwriter and musician|
|Eddie Izzard||1962||British||Izzard identifies primarily as a transvestite, but also uses the word transgender, and has stated "I am 100% boy, plus extra girl." "I am a transgender guy. [...] I identify somewhat boy-ish and somewhat girl-ish. I identify both but I fancy women."||Comedian, actor and writer. Izzard has won numerous awards, including a Primetime Emmy Award.|
|Andre J.||1979||American||Genderless||Party promoter|
|Elly Jackson||1988||British||Jackson said, "I don't feel like I'm female or male."||Singer-songwriter and the lead singer of the electropop duo La Roux.|
|Jennie June||1874||American||Androgyne, invert, urning, bisexual (in the sense of being both male and female), and fairie, which were contemporary terms for gender and sexual variance. June wrote of feeling like a combination of male and female, and of alternating between these two gender expressions.||Law clerk and activist. June was one of the earliest trans people to publish an autobiography in the USA, to help create an accepting environment for young adults who don't conform to gender and sex norms. June and other androgynes in New York formed the Cercle Hermaphroditos, "to unite for defense against the world's bitter persecution," and to show that it was natural to be gender and sex variant.|
|Jesse James Keitel||Unknown, 20th century||American||Nonbinary||Actor|
|Maia Kobabe||Unknown, 20th century||American||Genderqueer. Kobabe created a graphic novel called Gender Queer: A memoir. ||Cartoonist|
|Janae Kroc||1972||American||Genderfluid||Author, bodybuilder, Marine, model, pharmacist, powerlifter|
|Richard LaFortune||1960||American||Two-Spirit||Author, activist|
|Jiz Lee||1980||American||Agender||Actor in adult films|
|R.B. Lemberg||1976||American; born in Ukraine||Bigender. "I am bigender and I align both with masculinity and femininity."||Writer, poet, editor, professor. Lemberg's speculative fiction has been published in Lightspeed, Strange Horizons, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Sisters of the Revolution, and Uncanny Magazine.|
|Brigette Lundy-Paine||1994||American||Nonbinary "I'm non-binary, always felt a lil bit boy, lil bit girl, lil bit neither."||Actor. Known for acting in Atypical and The Glass Castle.|
|Alex MacFarlane||Unknown, 20th century||Australian||Androgynous||Notable as first person known with an 'X' sex marker on passport|
|Gopi Shankar Madurai||1991||Indian||Genderqueer||Writer, speaker, politician, equal rights activist, recipient of The Commonwealth Award|
|Marion Malena||Unknown, 20th century||American Samoa||Fa'afafine||Beauty pageant|
|Kelly Mantle||1976||American||Genderfluid||Actor, television personality, drag queen|
|Jeffrey Marsh||1977||American||Genderqueer||Social media activist|
|Shabnam Mausi||Unknown, 20th century||India||Hijra||Politician. First hijra in India elected to public office.|
|Rose McGowan||1973||American||Nonbinary||Actor, model, singer and author|
|Foz Meadows||Unknown, 20th century||Australian||Genderqueer. "[A]t the age of twenty-nine, I realised I was genderqueer."||Writer. Meadows is a Hugo Award winning novelist and blogger.|
|Bethany C. Meyers||1990||American||Genderfluid/nonbinary. "When I get comments about not being 'gay enough' it hurts. Aside from the way my marriage may look to others, I'm pretty gay. I'm attracted to women, I date women, I sleep with women, my friends are queer, I feel/think queer, I identity as gender fluid / non-binary, my partner the same."||Fitness entrepreneur and LGBTQ activist. Bethany C. Meyers launched the fitness app for be.come, specializing in body-positive workouts. They also gave a TED talk on empowerment and body neutrality.|
|Ezra Miller||1992||American||Miller said in 2018, "I don't identify as a man. I don't identify as a woman. I barely identify as a human."||Actor and singer|
|sj Miller||1970||American||Agender||Academic and social justice activist|
|Casey Mongillo||1987||American||Nonbinary. "I'm like this weird non binary alien nerd and I think I'm okay with that."||Voice actor. Mongillo has played many roles in animation and video games, best known for portraying lead character Shinji Ikari in the Netflix English dub of Neon Genesis Evangelion.|
|Jack Monroe||1988||British||Nonbinary transgender||Journalist|
|Jinkx Monsoon||1987||American||Genderless. In a Facebook post about transphobia and the drag scene, Monsoon said, "I, myself do not identify as cis-gendered. I am genderless."||Actor, singer and winner of RuPaul's Drag Race season 5.|
|Indya Moore||1994/1995||American||Nonbinary||Actor, model|
|Richard O'Brien||1942||Britain and New Zealand||Transgender. In a 2009 interview O'Brien spoke about an ongoing struggle to reconcile cultural gender roles and self-described as being transgender or possible third sex. O'Brien stated, "There is a continuum between male and female. Some are hard-wired one way or another, I’m in between." O'Brien expounded on this in a 2013 interview which covered using oestrogen for the previous decade, and identifying as 70% male 30% female.||Writer, actor, television presenter and theatre performer. O'Brien wrote the musical stage show The Rocky Horror Show in 1973, which became an international success and has remained in continuous production. He also co-wrote the screenplay of the film adaptation The Rocky Horror Picture Show, released in 1975, appearing in the film as Riff Raff.|
|Eureka O'Hara||1990||American||Genderfluid, gender-neutral||Drag queen, television personality|
|Osh-Tisch||1854||Crow Nation||Badé||Warrior, artisan, medicine person|
|Pidgeon Pagonis||1986||American||Nonbinary||Activist for intersex human rights|
|A.W. Peet||Unknown, 20th century||New Zealand, Canada||Nonbinary||Physicist, string theory and quantum gravity|
|Genesis Breyer P-Orridge||1950||British||Pandrogyne. After marrying Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge in 1993, Genesis and Lady Jaye began the performance art piece "project Pandrogeny" to become Breyer P-Orridge, an entity described as an "amalgam" of their two selves. Genesis Breyer P-Orridge continued this project after the death of Lady Jaye in 2007.||Singer-songwriter, musician, poet, writer, performance artist|
|King Princess||1998||American||Genderqueer||Musician, singer-songwriter|
|Fuimaono Karl Pulotu-Endemann||Unknown, 20th century||Samoan Islands||Fa'afafine||Medical professional|
|Amy Ray||1964||American||Ray said, "I am half and half and whatever you call me is fine. [...] I work every day to be comfortable in my body and in rare transcendent moments, I am, but it’s the job of my lifetime to appreciate my physicality and always project what is inside me so I can celebrate this life I’ve been given."||Singer-songwriter. Ray is a member of the contemporary folk duo Indigo Girls. She also pursues a solo career and has released six albums under her own name, and founded a record company, Daemon Records.|
|A. Revathi||Unknown, 20th century||Indian||Hijra||Writer and actor|
|Raquel Salas Rivera||1985||Puerto Rican||Nonbinary.||Poet. Rivera won the Laureate Fellowship from the Academy of American Poets, and the 2018 Lambda Literary Award for Transgender Poetry.|
|L.J. Roberts||1980||American||Genderqueer||Artist (textile artist)|
|Megan Rohrer||1980||American||transgender/genderqueer||Pastor and activist|
|Ruby Rose||1986||Australian||Genderfluid||Singer, actor, model, and television presenter. Rose has won the ASTRA Awards, GQ Australia, GLAAD Media Awards, and the Australian LGBTI Awards.|
|Jaiyah Saelua||1988||American Samoa||Fa'afafine||Association football player|
|Justin Saint||1987||Canadian; born in the Philippines.||Plural (mixed), according to Facebook bio.||Writer, makeup artist, cosplayer, queer advocate.|
|JD Samson||1978||American||Genderqueer and a gender outlaw. "I do mostly go by she and her and I consider myself a woman in most senses of the word. I sometimes consider myself part of the trans community and I don't mind at all when people call me he if that's how they see me.||Musician, with the bands Le Tigre and MEN.|
|Victoria Sin||1991||Canadian||Nonbinary||Artist, drag performer|
|SMITH||1985||French||||Artist and film-maker|
|Sam Smith||1992||British||Nonbinary and genderqueer "When asked if they feel like a cisgender man, they [Smith] replied: ‘No. I mean, I’ve got these tattoos on my fingers.’ They pointed to small tattoos of the gender symbols and smiled: ‘I don’t know what the title would be but I feel just as much woman as I am man.’"||Singer. Smith is a top-charting singer and songwriter.|
|Joey Soloway||1965||American||Nonbinary, gender non-conforming||Writer, director, producer|
|Rae Spoon||1982||Canadian|| After a decade of living as a trans man, Spoon noted a preference for the pronoun "they" in 2012 during an interview with cartoonist Elisha Lim, a fellow advocate for the gender-neutral pronoun. They explained to Now Magazine, "after years of fighting to be called 'he,' the idea of coming out again made me tired. But now I feel kind of rejuvenated, ready to fight on some more. I think the 'they' pronoun is a pretty cool thing. It's letting a lot of people not have to identify as a man or a woman. Whatever it means to them."||Musician and writer. Spoon was awarded an Honour of Distinction from the Dayne Ogilvie Prize for LGBT writers in 2014.|
|Amandla Stenberg||1998||American||Nonbinary||Actor and singer. Stenberg has won the BET Awards for YoungStar Award. Stenberg acted in feature films such as The Hunger Games. Stenberg was included in Time's list of Most Influential Teens in both 2015 and 2016. In 2016, she was included in Oprah Winfrey's SuperSoul 100 list of visionaries and influential leaders.|
|Noelle Stevenson||1991||United States||Nonbinary||Cartoonist. Creator of the rebooted animated series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, and the graphic novel Nimona.|
|Ciarán Strange||Unknown, 20th century.||English and Canadian||genderqueer and genderfluid.||Singer, songwriter, actor|
|Rebecca Sugar||1987||American||Nonbinary woman||Animator, director, screenwriter, producer, and songwriter|
|Tanwarin Sukkhapisit||Unknown, 20th century||Thai||Nonbinary||Filmmaker, politician|
|Emma Sulkowicz||1992||American||Nonbinary||Performance artist, activist|
|Eliot Sumner||1990||British||"Asked if she had come out to her friends and family, she [Eliot Sumner] said that she hadn’t because 'no one had ever asked'. 'They knew already,' she added. 'So I didn’t need to. I’ve never come out to anyone. My friends always knew and I always knew'. [...] She said she did not believe in gender “labels” and preferred to dress down, shunning the glamour attached to some singers. Asked whether she identified with a particular gender, she replied 'no', saying she defined herself simply as a 'musician'. 'I don’t believe in any specifications,' she said." (Note that this article uses "she" pronouns for Sumner, but Sumner's pronoun preference hasn't been stated.)||Musician, singer-songwriter. Sumner is also well-known due to being the child of Sting.|
|Tilda Swinton||1960||British||"I don’t know if I could ever really say that I was a girl – I was kind of a boy for a long time. I don’t know, who knows? It changes."||Actor. Swinton has won numerous awards for her career as an actor, including an Academy Award, the BAFTA Scotland Award, the Volpi Cup, the European Film Award, and the Richard Harris Award. Swinton has played gender-variant characters, such as the lead in Orlando, and the genderless angel Gabriel in Constantine.|
|Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore||1973||American||Genderqueer||Author and activist|
|Bogi Takács||1983||American; born in Hungary||Agender||Writer, psycholinguist, editor, translator. They are Jewish, and have written Torah-inspired work. They won the Lambda Literary Award for Best Transgender Fiction.|
|Caldwell Tidicue, stage name Bob the Drag Queen||1986||American||Nonbinary||Drag queen, comedian, Black activist. Tidicue is known for winning the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. In June 2019, New York magazine published the results from their panel of judges and writers which ranked her in the top twenty Drag Race superstars. She was also nominated for the WOWIE Awards for best podcast.|
|Jacob Tobia||1991||American||Gender neutral, according to Facebook bio.. They have also used the labels genderqueer and gender non-conforming.||Writer, actor, performer, producer, artist activist. In 2019, they published their memoir, Sissy: A Coming-of-Gender Story. They are the voice actor for a nonbinary character in the Dreamworks animated series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Double Trouble.|
|Jes Tom||Unknown, 20th century||Asian American||Nonbinary||Actor, writer, and stand up comic. They have appeared in the Amazon short film Soojung Dreams of Fiji (AAIFF “Audience Award”) and played the lead in Anatomy of an Orchid. Their writing has been published by Reductress, By Shondaland, and Condé Nast's Them. In collaboration with fellow comedian Chewy May, Jes Tom wrote, co-directed, and starred in the viral video Ghost In The Shell PSA, which received praise on platforms such as Buzzfeed, Upworthy, Nextshark, iO9, and Perez Hilton. Jes has been featured in GO Magazine, Splitsider, and the Fader, and were named one of TimeOut New York's "LGBTQ POC Comedians We're Obsessed With." Jes was a 2018 StandUp NBC semifinalist.|
|Nico Tortorella||1988||American||Nonbinary and gender nonconforming Tortorella announced that they identify as genderfluid.Genderfluid||Actor, writer, and model. Tortorella is known for roles in films including Scream 4, the Fox crime drama series The Following, and the TV Land comedy-drama series Younger.|
|Pete Townshend||1945||British||"I know how it feels to be a woman because I am a woman," Townshend said in an interview with White that ran on White's radio show in September 1989. "And I won't be classified as just a man."||Musician. Townshend is the guitarist, backing and secondary lead vocalist, principal songwriter, co-founder and leader of the rock band The Who. His career with the Who spans over 50 years, during which time the band grew to be one of the most important and influential rock bands of the 20th century.|
|Laxmi Narayan Tripathi||1979||Indian||Hijra||Actor, dancer, and transgender rights activist|
|Steven Tyler||1948||American||"I've been misquoted as saying that I'm more female than male. Let me set the record straight -- it's more half and half, and I love the fact that my feelings are akin to puella eternis (Latin for 'the eternal girl')."||Musician. Tyler is best known as the lead singer of the Boston-based rock band Aerosmith. Tyler is included among Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Singers. He was ranked third on Hit Parader's Top 100 Metal Vocalists of All Time. In 2001, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Aerosmith and in 2013, Tyler and his songwriting partner Joe Perry received the ASCAP Founders Award and were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.|
|Alok Vaid-Menon||1991||American (Indian-American)||Genderfluid, according to Instagram bio.||Writer, performance artist, and activist. They are internationally renowned for their creative work which they have presented in over 40 countries. They were featured in the NBC Pride 50 alongside James Baldwin and Audre Lorde, and the OUT Magazine 100.|
|Jonathan Van Ness||1987||American||Nonbinary, genderqueer "The older I get, the more I think that I’m nonbinary — I’m gender nonconforming. Like, some days I feel like a man, but then other days I feel like a woman. I don’t really — I think my energies are really all over the place. Any opportunity I have to break down stereotypes of the binary, I am down for it, I’m here for it. I think that a lot of times gender is used to separate and divide. It’s this social construct that I don’t really feel like I fit into the way I used to."||Hairdresser, podcaster, television personality. One of Queer Eye's "Fab Five".|
|Joanne Vannicola||1968||Canadian||Nonbinary||Actor, writer|
|Sasha Velour||1987||American||Nonbinary||Drag queen, television personality|
|Hida Viloria||1968||American||Genderfluid||Author, and LGBT and intersex human rights activist|
|Gerard Way||1977||American||"I have always identified a fair amount with the female gender..... Masculinity to me has always made me feel like it wasn't right for me."||Musician. Way is best known as the lead vocalist and co-founder of the rock band My Chemical Romance. He also wrote the Eisner Award-winning comic book series The Umbrella Academy.|
|We'wha||1849||Zuni nation in the USA||Lhamana||Fiber artist, weaver, potter, farmer, educator, ambassador.|
|Joshua Whitehead||Unknown, 20th century||Oji-Cree member of the Peguis First Nation in Manitoba, Canada||Two-Spirit||Author|
|Massey Whiteknife||Unknown, 20th century||Cree member of the Mikisew Cree First Nation; Canada||Two-spirit||Businessperson and entertainer|
|Gigi Raven Wilbur||1955||American||Gigi was born intersex, and underwent nonconsensual surgery after birth to appear "male". Some of the words Gigi has used to identify are "hermaphrodite", "third gender", and "ladyboy". "[S]ociety does not allow my true gender to exist [...] I am neither female nor male, and I am both female and male." "Spiritually, I have never been comfortable with a male body, nor would I have been with a female body. I am hermaphrodite. That is my true gender."||Writer and activist. Wilbur is one of the people who created Celebrate Bisexuality Day (September 23, which is Gigi's birthday).|
|Chandler Wilson||1998||American||Agender||YouTube personality|
|Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu||Unknown, 20th century||Hawaii||Māhū||Dance teacher|
|Karekin Yarian||Unknown, 20th century||American||Nonbinary||Author and activist|
|Reuben Zellman||1979||American||Nonbinary||Rabbi and musician|
|Nevo Zisin||1996||Australian||Nonbinary||Writer and activist|
|Dana Zzyym||1958||American||Nonbinary||Activist for intersex human rights|
See also[edit | edit source]
- See Category:Nonbinary people and Category:Genderqueer people for other notable people who might not be listed in this article yet.
References[edit | edit source]
- Tunbridge, Nathan (June 29, 2015). "Courtney Act Reveals the Grey Areas by Identifying Herself as 'Genderqueer'". The Fashion Spot.
- Anonymous (9 January 2018). "Five Facts About Aja". QWEERIST. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- Murray, Georgia (August 2017). "What Navigating Public Space Is Like As A Trans Person". Refinery29.
- Vaid-Menon, Alok (October 13, 2015). "Greater transgender visibility hasn't helped nonbinary people – like me". The Guardian.
- Years & Years: Inspiring - #PressPlayForPride Spotify, June 7 2016
- Runar Jordåen. "Et besynderligt givtermaal mellem tvende fruentimmer." Skeivt arkiv. December 16, 2014. https://skeivtarkiv.no/skeivopedia/et-besynderligt-givtermaal-mellem-tvende-fruentimmer
- Susanne Dietrichson. "Queer lives find their way to the museum." Kilden genderresearch.no. January 11, 2019. http://kjonnsforskning.no/en/2019/01/queer-lives-find-their-way-museum
- Runar Jordåen. "Sodomy between women." Skeivt arkiv. June 17, 2015. https://skeivtarkiv.no/en/skeivopedia/sodomy-between-women
- Ser Anzoategui. "Op-Ed: Don't call me an actress. In fact, let's get rid of that title altogether". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
- Radish, Christina (2019-06-12). "'Vida' Season 2: Ser Anzoategui on Eddy's Journey and Being Non-Binary in Hollywood". Collider. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- Lecaro, Lina (2019-08-09). "Ser Anzoategui and the cast of Starz's Vida Convey Latinx Struggle in L.A." LA Weekly. Retrieved 2020-05-03.
- Moss, Jeremiah (January 8, 2014). "Qween Amor". Jeremiah's Vanishing New York. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- Ghersi, Alejandra (17 July 2018). "thank u and i am nb". Twitter. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Introducing the Intersex Fund team at Astraea!". Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice. June 16, 2015. Archived from the original on July 3, 2015. Retrieved July 2, 2015. Unknown parameter
- Barker, M.-J. (2018). Rewriting the Rules: An Anti Self-Help Guide to Love, Sex and Relationships (2nd ed.). Routledge. ISBN 978-1138043596.
- Moran, Maeve (2019-10-16). "Unheard Voices: Eva Gore-Booth". Palatinate Online. Retrieved 2020-06-30. Unknown parameter
- Facebook post, June 6, 2015
- Pecíková, Laura. "Prelomil/a B-complex: Keď som muž, tak som Maťo, keď žena, tak Matia" [B-complex explained: When I'm a man, I'm Mato, when a woman, Matia]. Denník N (in Slovak). Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- Kivex (15 June 2009). "Interview: London Elektricity & B-Complex". Broken Beats. Archived from the original on 17 January 2015. Retrieved 2014-09-17. Unknown parameter
- "Hospital Records - B-complex". Hospital Records. Archived from the original on 2013-05-14. Unknown parameter
- "Storytelling as medicine: Coming In documentary follows two-spirited people living in Sask". CBC News. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- Keller, Jessica (October 26, 2016). "Hanging out with Mal Blum". Her Campus. Retrieved March 3, 2018.
- Mark Holgate. "Justin Bond Talks Cher, Joan Didion, and his All-Time Favorite Shoes with Pierre Hardy." Vogue 2011-04-05. http://www.vogue.com/870070/justin-bond-talks-cher-joan-didion-and-his-all-time-favorite-shoes-with-pierre-hardy
- JD Ordonez. "The Singer's Name Is Mx. Justin Vivian Bond, And V Is Trans." Queerty. January 3, 2011. http://www.queerty.com/the-singers-name-is-mx-justin-vivian-bond-and-v-is-trans-20110103
- Mike Albo. "The Official Justin Bond." Out (magazine). April 11, 2011. http://www.out.com/detail.asp?page=2&id=30031
- Albo, Mike (April 12, 2011). "The Official Justin Bond". Out. Retrieved June 17, 2015.
- Retrieved November 11, 2019. http://katebornstein.com
- Kate Bornstein. A Queer and Pleasant Danger: A Memoir. Beacon Press. 2012. https://books.google.com/?id=nDA8Hvr1jzkC&dq=kate+Bornstein+biography
- Cross-party speeches on intersex health in the Australian Senate, Morgan Carpenter, 25 March 2014
- NICHE IDAHO Campaign: "I", Tony (YourStory) August 3 2013
- This is the world’s first openly intersex person elected into public office, 26 October 2017
- Boxx, Pandora (June 19, 2016). "story". Facebook.
- Long, Sarah (February 24, 2017). "Get to Know Nonbinary Comedian Rhea Butcher & Her Other Political Beliefs". SheKnows. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- Kim, Gloria (September 8, 2005). "Why be just one sex?". Maclean.CA. Archived from the original on June 13, 2010.
- Butler, Judith (December 27, 2019). "Judith Butler on her Philosophy and Current Events". Interviews by Kian. Retrieved July 26, 2020. Unknown parameter
- Cahun, Claude (2008). Disavowals : or cancelled confessions. The MIT Press. ISBN 9780262533034. OCLC 922878515.
- Andersen, Corinne (2005). "Que me veux-tu?/ What do you want of me?: Claude Cahun's Autoportraits and the Process of Gender Identification". Women in French Studies. 13: 37–50 – via Project MUSE.
- Elferen, Isabella van; Weinstock, Jeffrey Andrew (2015). Goth Music: From Sound to Subculture. New York: Routledge. p. 44. ISBN 9781317962977.
Born male and never operated, Cantodea rejects fixed gender and regards herself as both/neither male and/nor female.
- "Drag & Drop". Nicky Case's Blog. 2014-10-13. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "About". Cassils. Archived from the original on November 9, 2017. Retrieved October 31, 2017. Unknown parameter
- "Drag Performer Violet Chachki on Being 'Gender Fluid'". NBC News. July 8, 2017.
- "About Us". Parinyamuaythai.com. Parinya Muay Thai. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011.
- "12 Incredible Indigenous LGBTQ Women and Two-Spirit People You Should Know". Autostraddle. October 12, 2015.
- Tom Sykes, "A ‘Gender Fluid’ Journalist Comes Out To Irish Cheers." 2015-09-18. Daily Beast. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/18/a-gender-fluid-journalist-comes-out-to-irish-cheers.html
- Times, Windy City. "THE Q LIST Shea Coulee's drag revolution will be televised - Gay Lesbian Bi Trans News Archive - Windy City Times". Windy City Times.
- "Fa'afafine star at Pasific event in Queensland". Radio Australia. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. March 22, 2012.
- Why we need gender-neutral bathrooms, Ivan Coyote, November 2015
- Pierets, JF. "Ivan E. Coyote | Et Alors? Magazine". etalorsmagazine.com. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- Exclusive: Miley Cyrus Launches Anti-Homelessness, Pro-LGBT ‘Happy Hippie Foundation’, out.com, May 5, 2015
- Voss, Brandon (August 21, 2017). "Adore Delano Talks New Punk Album 'Whatever', the '27 Club' & Being Nonbinary: 'Gender Isn't a Real Thing'". Billboard.com.
- Jackman, Josh (May 11, 2018). "Cara Delevingne emotionally speaks about realising she was genderfluid". PinkNews. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Williams, Lauren C. (March 20, 2017). "Behind the scenes with TV's first gender non-binary character". ThinkProgress. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- Dorfman, Tommy (June 26, 2018). "Tommy Dorfman Shares What It's Like to Wear Gendered Clothes as a Non-Binary Person". Teen Vogue. Retrieved June 27, 2018.
- Tweet on September 19, 2019
- "Letter to Mens Designers from Someone Without a Penis Who Looks Good in Their Clothes". raindovethemodel.blogspot.com. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2020.
- Tweet on October 3, 2019
- "Rose McGowan is dating non-binary model Rain Dove". PinkNews. Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- Instagram bio
- Steven Loftin (18 February 2019). "Will the real Du Blonde please stand up?". The Line of Best Fit. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- O'flynn, Brian (April 25, 2019). "Get to know Dorian Electra, the Liberace of fantasy pop music". Dazed. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- Jayce (June 30, 2017). "@LaganjaEstranja on your Instagram story you tagged one of your pictures #nonbinary, so I'm wondering what your pronouns are?". Retrieved October 15, 2017 – via Twitter.
- Fame, Miss (July 15, 2017). "Miss Fame: Gender fluidity isn't a style choice". Retrieved October 15, 2017 – via Twitter.
- Barton, Dave (February 7, 2013). "Florian-Ayala Fauna: Art Magickian". OC Weekly. Duncan McIntosh Co. Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved April 14, 2017. Unknown parameter
- Perla, Cory (August 17, 2016). "Spotlight: Uncertain". The Public. Buffalo Public Media, LLC. Archived from the original on August 26, 2016. Retrieved April 14, 2017. Unknown parameter
- Simpson, Cate (September 24, 2008). "On stage: Agokwe". Daily Xtra.
- Vera Papisova (March 14, 2016). "Tyler Ford Is the Transgender Writer All Your Favorite Celebs Are Obsessed With". Teen Vogue. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Catherine A. Brekus, Strangers and Pilgrims: Female Preaching in America, 1740-1845 (2000), p. 85
- Peg A. Lamphier, Rosanne Welch, Women in American History (2017), p. 331.
- "Ketty, una trans capeggiava gli Scissionisti". Corriere del Mezzogiorno (in Italian). Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- Evans, Kristen (June 26, 2019). "Sarah Gailey". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- "Meet River Gallo, The GLAAD Award-Winning Trailblazer Fusing Activism And Art". MTV News. 28 March 2019. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
- "Meet River Gallo, The GLAAD Award-Winning Trailblazer Fusing Activism And Art". MTV News. March 28, 2019. Retrieved September 26, 2019. Unknown parameter
- Schenkel, Katie (March 24, 2017). "Good Thing: Learning With Stevonnie In 'Steven Universe'". ComicsAlliance.
- Sanders, Wren (April 7, 2020). "Gigi Goode Opens Up About "Fluid" Gender Identity on RuPaul's Drag Race". Them. Condé Nast. Retrieved October 20, 2020.
- Pearce, Tilly (April 5, 2020). "RuPaul's Drag Race's Gigi Goode praised by fans as they come out as gender fluid during show". Metro.co.uk. DMG Media. ISSN 1469-6215. OCLC 225917520. Retrieved October 20, 2020.
- Damshenas, Sam (April 9, 2020). "Divina De Campo discusses the impact of Gigi Goode coming out as gender fluid on Drag Race". Gay Times. Retrieved October 20, 2020.
- Pollard, Alexandra (25 May 2015). "How pop is starting a genderqueer dialogue". Dazed. Dazed Media. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Grey Gritt" Template:Webarchive. Visit Yellowknife, May 22, 2015.
- Floyd, Don (2010). The Captain and Thomasine. Raleigh, NC: Lulu Enterprises. p. 251. ISBN 978-0-557-37676-6.
- Reis, Elizabeth (September 2005). "Impossible Hermaphrodites: Intersex in America, 1620–1960". The Journal of American History: 411–441.
- Keating, S. "The Evolution Of Angel Haze", 'Bustle, March 27, 2015. Retrieved on May 9, 2015.
- "angxl hxze on Twitter", February 14, 2015
- "angxl hxze on Twitter", February 14, 2015
- "Lucy Blagg Talks to Johanna Hedva". Graphite Journal. April 2, 2016. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Hewson, Liv (March 7, 2018). "Twitter Bio". Twitter. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Berlatsky, Noah (3 May 2018). "'Santa Clarita Diet's Liv Hewson has never played a non-binary character—so they're writing one". A Beautiful Perspective. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Campaign, Human Rights. "HRC to Honor Liv Hewson at the 2020 HRC Austin Gala Dinner". Human Rights Campaign. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- Alexander, Katharina (August 17, 2018). ""Sprechen kann die Welt verändern" – Lann Hornscheidt wünscht sich ein Pronomen für alle" (in German). ze.tt. Retrieved April 23, 2019.
- Hunter, J. "What It's Like to Be a Female Musician When You Don't Identify as a Woman", Cosmopolitan, April 10, 2015. Retrieved on June 11, 2015.
- Garrison, Becky (March 8, 2013). "Eddie Izzard on Atheism, Transgender, and "The Invisible Bloke Upstairs"". Religion Dispatches Magazine.
- Jennifer Ruby (15 March 2016). "Eddie Izzard gives inspiring speech on being transgender". Evening Standard. Retrieved 27 March 2020.
- Garfield, S. "Frock tactics", The Guardian, May 27, 2001. Retrieved on June 11, 2015.
- Jennings, Jazz (November 29, 2007). "Andre J is glam, genderless &....an Alpha Kitty". YouTube. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "La Roux's Elly Jackson: 'I Don't Have A Sexuality'". starpulse.com. 9 February 2010. Archived from the original on 29 March 2014.
- Meyerowitz, J. "Thinking Sex With An Androgyne". GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies 17.1 (2010): 97–105. Web. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- "Lesbian and Gay Studies at Yale: Earl Lind 1874". Yale University. n.d. Archived from the original on 4 June 2008. Unknown parameter
- "Earl Lind (Ralph Werther-Jennie June): The Riddle of the Underworld, 1921". Out History. October 9, 2010. Archived from the original on June 27, 2013. Retrieved May 5, 2012. Unknown parameter
- Katz, Jonathan Ned. "Transgender Memoir of 1921 Found". Humanities and Social Sciences Online. N.p., 10 October 2010. Web. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Joy, M. A. (2019-06-14). "'Then I saw RuPaul's Drag Race': coming out as X-gender in Tokyo – a manga". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- @yuhkikamatani (May 7, 2012). "隠すことでもわざわざ言うことでもカテゴライズするようなことでもないと分かっているけど、無難に生きようと、へらへら誤魔化している自分に対して無性に腹立たしく思う時があります。誤魔化したくない。私はXジェンダーでアセクシャルなセクシュアルマイノリティです。そんな程度の人間です。" – via Twitter.
- Petski, Denise (2020-03-10). "'The Big Sky': Jesse James Keitel To Co-Star In David E. Kelley's PI Drama Series For ABC". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-10-03.
- Kihara, Shigeyuki (June 3, 2015). "'Fa'afafine towards decolonization' (3 June 2015) panel discussion at Art Gallery of NSW, Australia". shigeyukikihara.com.
- Kobabe, Maia. “About.” About - Maia Kobabe, redgoldsparkspress.com/about.
- White, Larry (July 27, 2015). "World Champion Bodybuilder Janae Marie Kroc Reveals She's Transgender On Instagram". USA~UK Online.
- Molnar, Stephanie (June 29, 2016). "What It's Like to Come Out As a Transgender Bodybuilder". Livestrong. Demand Media. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- Barbieri, Susan (June 25, 2005). "Celebrating His Spirit". Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- Jiz Lee » Bio. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- Tweet on July 25, 2018
- Tweet on Sept 27, 2018
- Krochmal, S. N. "Trans role models: Janet Mock, Paris Lees, CN Lester and Luke Anderson", New Statesman, January 17, 2013. Retrieved on June 10, 2015.
- Bollinger, Alex "Actor Brigette Lundy-Paine from 'Atypical' just came out as non-binary", LGBTQ Nation, November 15, 2019. Retrieved on November 15, 2019.
- Instagram post, Nov 7, 2019
- Butler, Julie (January 11, 2003). "X Marks the Spot for Intersex Alex". Western Australian. Perth. Archived from the original on October 18, 2004. Retrieved July 3, 2015. Unknown parameter
- Holme, Ingrid (September 2008). "Hearing People's Own Stories". Science as Culture. 17 (3): 341–344. doi:10.1080/09505430802280784. ISSN 0950-5431.
- Dow, Steve (June 27, 2010). "Neither man nor woman". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Basu, Soma (2017-04-12). "Gender activist Gopi Shankar on the struggles faced by the LGBTQIA community in India - The Hindu". The Hindu. thehindu.com. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- "Here is the A-list of Who's Who in the Realm of Fa'afafine Beauty Queens in American Samoa. 1979 - Present". SOFIAS.
- Tapley, Christopher (December 9, 2016). "Gender-Fluid Actor Kelly Mantle Makes Oscar History". Variety.com.
- "Genderqueer advocate Jeffrey Marsh on "How to Be You"". NBC News. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Kulkarni, Ronjita. "Meet Shabnam Mausi". Rediff.com.
- Beresford, Meka (March 6, 2018). "Rose McGowan 'comes out' as non-binary in bizarre podcast tirade". PinkNews. Retrieved March 21, 2017.
- "SFF in Conversation - Foz Meadows and Coral Bones: Being Genderqueer". The Book Smugglers. 8 February 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Bethany Meyers Talks Polyamorous Marriage With Nico Tortorella". womenshealthmag.com. 2018-05-09. Retrieved 2018-10-20.
- Braidwood, Ella (23 August 2018). "Bethany Meyers has penned a powerful message to her bisexual fans". PinkNews. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Siegel, Tatiana (7 November 2018). "Ezra Miller Talks Fame, Living on a "Polyamorous" Farm and His #MeToo Story". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- Pasquale, Cynthia (September 17, 2015). "Five questions for sj Miller". CU Connections. University of Colorado Boulder. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- Tweet on January 2, 2019
- Grant, Carol (July 12, 2019). "'Neon Genesis Evangelion' Feels More Explicitly Queer Thanks to This Trans Voice Actor". Vice. Archived from the original on July 17, 2019. Retrieved July 17, 2019. Unknown parameter
- Swanson, Kerry. The Noble Savage Was a Drag Queen: Hybridity and Transformation in Kent Monkman's Performance and Visual Art Interventions (PDF). New York University. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Monroe, Jack (October 20, 2015). "Being non-binary: I'm not A Girl Called Jack any more, but I'm not a boy either". New Statesman.
- Valdez, Matt (April 25, 2017). "Hey Qween! Jinkx Monsoon talks new album, gender fluidity and "Drag Race"". Queerty. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- Rodriguez, Mj (January 11, 2019). "Indya Moore Brews A Perfect Cup of Tea". L'Officiel. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- Richard O’Brien: ‘Society should not dictate gender’, Pink News, 18th August 2009
- Richard O'Brien: ‘I'm 70% man', BBC News, 18 March 2013
- Speegle, Trey (June 19, 2017). "#LGBTQ: Eureka O'Hara Reveals, "I Actually Lived as Trans for a Small Period of My Life" Watch". The WOW Report. Retrieved October 15, 2017.
- "Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders - Indian Country Media Network". Indian Country Media Network. January 23, 2016. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- Kat Kinsman (April 15, 2014). "Intersex dating: Finding love across the intersection". CNN. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Pidgeon Pagonis (June 29, 2016). "7 Ways Adding 'I' to the LGBTQA+ Acronym Can Miss the Point". Everyday Feminism. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- "In the Spotlight: Dr. A.W. Peet". The Varsity. 6 October 2019. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "Meet the genderqueer pop star you didn't realize you need in your life". Gay Star News. 2018-10-12. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- Orden, Erica. "I Am My Own Wife", New York Magazine, September 6, 2009. Retrieved on August 14, 2015.
- Gutowitz, Jill (June 15, 2018). "King Princess Is a Genderqueer Pop Icon for the Next Generation of Queer Youth". Them. Condé Nast. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- "Story: Gender diversity". The Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
Fuimaono Karl Pulotu-Endemann ... is one of New Zealand's best-known and most honoured fa'afafine
- Azzopardi, Chris (August 30, 2007). "Goodbye, guitar". PrideSource. Archived from the original on July 27, 2011. Retrieved January 27, 2010. Unknown parameter
- Pureka, Chris (March 5, 2014). "Chris Pureka guest blog: Why I will not conform to gender stereotypes". Female First. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
First and foremost, I want to be recognized as a musician, but I also identify as queer and as genderqueer.
- http://www.thegavoice.com/aae/music/5562-t-cooper-amy-ray-and-scott-turner-schofield-reunite-for-charis-fundraiser thegavoice.com
- Revathi, A.; Geetha, V. (1 August 2010). Truth about Me: A Hijra Life Story. Penguin Books. ISBN 978-0143068365.
- Timpane, John (8 January 2018). "Meet Philadelphia's new poet laureate, Raquel Salas Rivera: Poet, migrant, bridge-builder". https://www.inquirer.com. Retrieved 28 March 2020. External link in
- Diane Daniel (April 18, 2016). "Landing Places". American Craft Council. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- Chien, Jen (May 10, 2016). "A shepherd finds the perfect flock". KALW. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Kellaway, Mitch (July 31, 2014). "Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid". The Advocate. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- Cockerill, Michael (November 26, 2011). "Finally making history for all the right reasons". Sydney Morning Herald.
- EQ Interview With MEN - "It's Just Gender - It's Just Whatever"
- Beaudoin, K. "The Next Big Pop Star Has "No Gender, No Sexuality and No Fucks to Give"", Mic, April 2, 2015. Retrieved on June 10, 2015.
- Bergdorf, Munroe (November 21, 2018). "Munroe Bergdorf talks drag with artist Victoria Sin". Dazed. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Gillis, C. "SMITH, 30 ans, qui œuvrait jusqu’à peu sous le nom de Dorothée Smith", Trois Couleurs, December 2016.
- Ogles, Jacob (March 15, 2019). "Sam Smith Comes Out as Nonbinary, Genderqueer". The Advocate. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Sam Smith on his gender identity: 'I feel just as much woman as I am man', Gay Star News, 22 October 2017.
- Freeman, Hadley (May 21, 2017). "Transparent's Jill Soloway: 'The words male and female describe who we used to be'". The Guardian. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- Gillis, C. "Powerful album reignites the pronoun debate", NOW, January 26, 2012. Retrieved on June 9, 2015.
- "He said/she said?", SEE Magazine, 2003-05-08, archived from the original on 2007-10-22, retrieved 2007-09-22 https://web.archive.org/web/20071022043241/http://seemagazine.com/Issues/2003/0508/mus1.htm
- "Elisha Lim and Rae Spoon: Talking Shop". No More Potlucks, January 2012. http://nomorepotlucks.org/site/elisha-lim-and-rae-spoon-talking-shop
- "Rae Spoon: Powerful album reignites the pronoun debate". NOW, January 26, 2012. http://www.nowtoronto.com/music/story.cfm?content=184903
- Amandla Stenberg (March 4, 2016). "@dazedfields and I are organizing a workshop on feminism". Tumblr. Retrieved March 21, 2016.
- hi folks, @dazedfields and I are organizing a workshop on feminism, amandla.tumblr.com, March 2, 2016
- Hunger Games actress says she 'doesn't feel like a woman all the time', Gay Star News, March 4, 2016
- Staff. "The 30 Most Influential Teens of 2015". Time. Archived from the original on September 21, 2017. Retrieved September 21, 2017. Unknown parameter
- Staff. "The 30 Most Influential Teens of 2016". Time. Archived from the original on September 23, 2017. Retrieved September 21, 2017. Unknown parameter
- "Meet the SuperSoul100: The World's Biggest Trailblazers in One Room". O Magazine. August 1, 2016. Archived from the original on July 5, 2018. Retrieved July 5, 2018. Unknown parameter
- @Gingerhazing (July 14, 2020). "my first time celebrating #NonBinaryDay! I am nonbinary, or something like it, and I use any pronouns!". Archived from the original on July 15, 2020. Retrieved July 14, 2020 – via Twitter. Unknown parameter
- "Tear Down The Wall" music video released, watchtheswitch.tumblr.com, June 17, 2014
- Pulliam-Moore, Charles (July 16, 2018). "Steven Universe's Rebecca Sugar on How She Expresses Her Identity Through the Non-binary Crystal Gems". io9. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- Ellis-Petersen, Hannah (April 8, 2019). "'I am not here to entertain': meet Thailand's first transgender MP". The Guardian. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Tolentino, Jia (2018-02-05). "Is There a Smarter Way to Think About Sexual Assault on Campus?". The New Yorker. ISSN 0028-792X. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- Craig McLean, John Dunne."I don't believe in 'gender labels,' says Sting's daughter Eliot Sumner." December 2, 2015. Evening Standard (magazine). http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/i-dont-believe-in-gender-labels-says-stings-daughter-eliot-sumner-a3127961.html
- Curtis M. Wong. "Sting's Child Eliot Sumner: I Don't Identify With Either Gender." December 2, 2015. HuffPost. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eliot-sumner-non-gender_565f50d1e4b079b2818cf268?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054
- Interview with Actress Tilda Swinton: “I am probably a woman”, thewip.net, March 20, 2009
- "A ‘Queer’ Argument Against Marriage", NPR, June 10, 2010. Retrieved on June 11, 2015.
- Twitter bio
- "Autostraddle Exclusive: Bex Taylor-Klaus Bends Gender, Blends Styles in This Hot Photoshoot". Autostraddle. June 13, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "Kate Tempest announces they are non-binary, changes name to Kae". August 6, 2020. Retrieved October 5, 2020.
- "How T. Thomason is claiming a stake in the music world – and helping other transgender artists do the same". The Globe and Mail, June 5, 2015.
- Bob The Drag Queen [@thatonequeen] (October 6, 2019). "For the record I identify as Pansexual and non binary". Archived from the original on December 23, 2019. Retrieved December 23, 2019 – via Twitter. Unknown parameter
- Lang, Nico (12 September 2019). "How Starring in a Netflix Show Helped This Nonbinary Actor Thrive". Out. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- Zukin, Meg (5 June 2020). "How Gender Non-Conforming Actors Are Changing Hollywood". Variety. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- Why I’m Genderqueer, Professional and Unafraid
- Tobia, Jacob (November 16, 2015). "I'm Genderqueer — Please Stop Asking Me When I'm 'Really' Going To Transition". MTV. Retrieved July 20, 2017.
- "Jacob Tobia | HuffPost". www.huffpost.com. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- Diaz-Marcano, Nelson (23 October 2017). "Representation Matters: Jes Tom". Manhattan with a Twist. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- "Nico Tortorella Opens Up About Sexuality & Gender Identity". Just Jared. 13 July 2019. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- "American actor Nico Tortorella comes out as gender fluid". Gay Times. 2018-05-17. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Crittenton, Anya (17 May 2018). "Queer actor Nico Tortorella comes out as gender fluid with fabulous look". Gay Star News. Gay Star News Ltd. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- Interview with Pete Townshend: “Pete Townshend Says He Is Bisexual”, orlandosentinel.com, November 8, 1990
- Mehra, Preeti (April 25, 2014). "A free country, again". The Hindu Business Line.
- Kavi, Ashrok Row (April 27, 2015). "Fables and half-truths: Autobiography of a Hijra". Hindustan Times.
- "Hollywood Stars: Steven Tyler says he’s both man and woman?" in examiner.com, May 17, 2011
- Instagram bio
- "Alok Vaid-Menon Will Not 'Tone it Down'". www.advocate.com. 2019-08-28. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- Tirado, Fran (June 10, 2019). "'Queer Eyes Jonathan Van Ness: "I'm Nonbinary"". Out. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- Norman Wilner, "Joanne Vannicola wants to push Canadian film beyond gender binaries". Now, June 18, 2019.
- Velour, Sasha (February 10, 2017). "Thank so much for asking @glassarmy😍💃🏻! For my Velour self--always she/her (out of drag its even less binary lol...any will do) #genderqueer". Retrieved October 15, 2017 – via Twitter.
- "My Life as Mighty Hermaphrodite". Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- "We're Here, We're Herms, Get Used To It". Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- カンガタリ:リマスター｣⑪発売中, 渡瀬悠宇:新刊｢アラタ (2019-05-20). "ブログでもここでも呟いたけど、再度。 漫画にも影響してると思うから。 私はXジェンダーと医師に診断されてて、中身は、男にも女にも寄れるし男でも女でもない。 見た目はちゃんと(20代後半から社会に合わせて)どうせやるならやるでメイクもオシャレもする、それだけ。 女性の身体は否定しないが→" [I blogged here and again, but again. I think it also affects manga. I have been diagnosed by X-gender and a doctor, and the contents are neither men nor women, nor men or women. It looks just fine (according to society from the late 20s), and if you do it, you can make and be fashionable. I do not deny the female body →]. @wataseyuu_ (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- Corcione, Adryan. "Susie Doesn't Need a Label in "CAOS" — Lachlan Watson Explains Why That's So Important". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 2020-05-01.
- "I am Gerard Way, musician, artist, creator, and cousin of Joe Rogan- Ask me anything!", October 1, 2014
- Roscoe, Will (1991). The Zuni Man-Woman. (pp. 29–52) Template:ISBN.
- "Why Joshua Whitehead wants to recentre Indigenous characters with his cyberpunk-infused poetry". CBC Books, November 1, 2017.
- "Aboriginal music awards host two-spirited performer". CBC News. September 11, 2014.
- Scott-Dixon, Krista (2006). Trans/forming Feminisms: Trans/feminist Voices Speak Out. Canadian Scholars' Press. pp. 65–71. ISBN 9781894549615.
- Brookover, Tim (1 January 2008). "Beyond Two Genders". OutSmart Magazine. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Blair, Chad (February 2015). "Kumu in the Middle". Hana Hou: The Magazine of Hawaiian Airlines. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- Yarian, Karekin (October 11, 2017). "Welcome to me". PunkMonk. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Gender Spectrum (August 1, 2018). "Interview with Rabbi Rueben [sic] Zellman". Retrieved October 7, 2018 – via YouTube.
- Madison, Alex (August 1, 2018). "Music center launches genderqueer chorus". Bay Area Reporter. Retrieved October 7, 2018.
- Wade, Matthew (May 26, 2017). "The young non-binary activist changing attitudes in Australia". Star Observer. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
|This article uses material from the Wikipedia article List of people with non-binary gender identities, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|